A2 Basic Other 252 Folder Collection
After playing the video, you can click or select the word to look it up in the dictionary.
Loading...
Report Subtitle Errors
[ Silence ]
[ Applause and Cheers ]
>> Let's talk.
Let's talk.
[ Shouts from Audience ]
I love you too.
[ Laughter ]
Thank you.
Thank you.
>> Thank you, Jackie.
>> Thank you.
>> Just seeing the audience
full of people in the theatre,

obviously, this kind of
adoration and respect is all

around the world for you, but
I think Australia will have

to say we've got a lead
on the rest of the world,

because they claim
you as their own.

So welcome back to Australia.
>> Thank you.
[ Applause and Cheers ]
And I don't know, tonight,
I don't know what kind

of language you wish to speak.
Cantonese or Mandarin
or English.

I know there's --
half-half-half, so [foreign
language spoken] everybody.

[foreign language spoken]
[ Applause ]
In Australia, are most
Chinese, Cantonese, or Mandarin?

[ Audience Responds ]
See, Canton and Mandarin!
[inaudible] Mandrin, okay.
I speak -- yeah.
>> I think --
>> A mix.
>> I think for the
benefit of people

who are actually speak only
Chinese, let's start --

I'm sorry, only English.
>> English.
>> Let's start it with English.
>> Okay.
>> All right.
Now it's very impressive
with your three dreams.

Obviously, it's very close to
your heart, but we will leave

that a little bit later on.
I would like to start by
saying that I have to admit,

I'm also a Jackie Chan fan.
[ Applause and Cheers ]
I'm a few years younger than
you, but not that much younger.

So we probably went through the
similar hard-training regime.

You went through picking opera
kind of training, the drama,

and went through the martial
arts trainings, and I,

on the other hand, did ballet,
but I have to admit Kung
Fu was my secret dream.

As part of the seven-year
training

at the Beijing Dance
Academy from 11 to 18,

we didn't just train ballet,
but we also trained
Chinese folk dance

but also martial
arts for five years.

So I grew up, like all
Chinese, is sort of dreamt

to become a kung fu master.
So that's my secret dream,
but I did get that far.

The five years of
training as a martial arts

at the Beijing Dance Academy
as close as I actually got

to Kung Fu, and it
was very funny.

It was, a few days ago, I was
telling the 24-year-old son,

Tom, and because when he was
younger, we'd been watching some

of your old films, and he loved
you, as well, and I told him

that I was going to come
here to interview you,

and he confessed
for the first time.

He said, "Dad, I have
confessed something to you."

And he said, "When I grew up,
and when show me the
Jackie Chan films," he said,

"I had this secret feeling
that you may not be the
famous ballet dancer,

but you could be Jackie Chan."
[ Laughter ]
So I think you are more popular
in my household than myself,

but let's go to the
business side of things.

You have been making films
all around the world,

but also in Australia,
and can you share

with us this time
back, is it different

to your previous times?
I think you made films
in Melbourne, Brisbane,

but you know, in Sydney, what
you love most about coming back

to Australia, but what do
you experience differently

to other times?
>> There's a big difference.
When I come to Australia when
I was 17, that's, I think,

the whole country about
30 million people.

That's all.
I was in Canberra, and
there is very few people.

You know? And the
country is so big and it's

so [inaudible] away
from Hong Kong.

You know, Hong Kong, it's
just that tiny, small,

and there's 7 million people.
Wherever you go there are
people, people, people.

In Canberra, 5 o'clock,
I walk on the street.

Nobody. Really.
And I just remember a
lot of memories, really,

that we don't have an opera
house yet at that time,

and suppose I'm going back
to Australia for Camberra

for visiting my parents
and as a holiday,

somehow I cannot stay
anymore, I tried the training,

but at that time, you know,
28, bell jeans, and tight,

tight shirt with then
jogging on the street,

because I didn't bring
any training suit.

So I was jogging,
jogging, and then.

Then the car stopped.
"Are you okay?"
And at that time, my
English was not that good.

I just, "Eh, eh."
They really very nice people.
You want a ride?
"Eh. Exercise."
"Oh, okay."
They go away, then a car.
They keep on stop.
They thought I'm missing
the road, you know?

That somehow, that's
how I feel in Canberra.

When I come to Sydney,
it's not like today.

So many big buildings.
Then all those years, I just
feel my parents get very --

could take care of it
for the whole Australia.

So they emigrate here.
They buy a house here.
Now even they after they pass
away, they buried in Canberra

after the two weeks later, I
have to go back to [inaudible].

[ Inaudible Speech ]
Yeah, [inaudible].
So and that time, I feel like
Australia is a part of my home.

So whenever I have a chance,
then the first movie I
make is Mr. Nice Guy.

[ Cheers ]
It's Mr. Nice Guy.
Yeah, I think Mr. Nice
Guy then we worked there

for like four months.
Then after I go back, I
get a very good experience.

Then I just tell my whole crew,
the next movie is first try,

then coming back again I cannot
remember Brisbane and Melbourne.

I always mixed up.
Always, boom, boom, boom.
Brisbane, Melbourne, I mixed up.
Then, a big action
sequence, and we do a lot

of big action snow mountain.
Where's the snow mountain
Brisbane or Melbourne?

>> Melbourne.
>> Melbourne, yeah,
there's snow mountain.

Yeah. And the snow mountain.
I'll tell you very good --
there was a very funny joke.

One of my friends, I had
to go back to Canberra

to see my friend, and my friend
said, "I want to come with you,

but I have to stop -- the
snow mountain Brisbane."

or Melbourne.
>> Melbourne.
>> Melbourne.
Crown Casino.
Where is the Crown Casino?
>> Melbourne.
>> Oh, Melbourne.
Oh, I was in Brisbane somehow.
Somehow, I was there.
I said, "I have to go
back and see my parents.

You come with me?"
"Okay, I come with you before
you have to stop and Melbourne."

I said, "Okay."
Then we go to Melbourne,
then I call my friend.

I said I call my
friend after dinner,

but as soon as I
landing, I said,

"My friend take care
of everything.

He has car, and everything."
I call my friend,
"Hey, I'm in Melbourne.

You come over."
"Yeah, it takes me one half
hour flight and where are you?"

"Brisbane."
[ Laughter ]
I said okay.
Then forget it.
The next day, I tell my
friend, my friend said,

"Let's take a flight
to Canberra."

I said, "No, easy
drive three hours."

I said, "I always
drive three hours."

"Are you sure?"
"Yeah, sure, sure, sure."
We get up.
I said, "No we're
going to get in the car

and put all our luggage," and
that I call my father, I said,

"12:30 in Canberra in some
corner waiting for me."

Okay? Okay.
I have the phone.
I keep driving.
Then my friend got out of
the car, put the eye mask,

then tried to sleep,
and I'm driving,

and he was gambling
the whole night.

[ Laughter ]
And we're driving,
driving, driving.

Three hours passed.
I still cannot find the way.
My friend, all the
sudden get up.

"I'm hungry."
I said, "No-no-no,
not there yet."

Then I keep driving.
Suddenly, I see the sign.
Another 900 miles.
[ Laughter ]
Then I call my father,
"Father, go.

I see you tonight."
[ Laughter ]
Well, I keep driving
until 3 o'clock.

My friend got up.
I said, "No-no, sleep, sleep."
[ Laughter ]
"No, I cannot sleep anymore.
Oh, my God, where
are you going?"

I said, "I don't know."
Still driving.
[ Laughter ]
That's how I always mixed up,
and I got three stops
by the police.

That's how I remember, but
these days I'm coming back.

No matter I have a chance,
I just Canberra, Canberra,

Australia, Australia,
because we know the crew here.

We know a lot of
crew members here.

We have a lot of
good friends here.

It's very easy to make
a film here, and also,

especially this time, you know,
when I'm [inaudible] the harbour

and whatever, the
things around here.

This easy.
I just called the commission.
I want to film here.
Okay, whatever you want, except
you not blow up the harbour.

I said okay.
You know, last -- two months ago
I was blow up the London Bridge.

The big news, boom.
I said [inaudible].
>> Six months he applied for.
>> Applied.
Then the government,
everything's okay,

then of course, they will make
somebody do it, and that day,

boom, and everybody thought
it was a terrorist attack,

and the news, everybody,
they blame me.

"Jackie, how can you do that?
You should tell us!"
How can I tell everybody.
I already tell -- we already
tell 100,000 people surround ,

the letter, I said, "We going to
blow up the [inaudible], okay?"

[ Laughter ]
But how can I tell the tourists?
>> Jackie, I hope you will
leave our bridge alone.

Well, Australia is just
a little bit bigger

than Hong Kong, I think.
>> No, much bigger.
>> Well, when I grew up, and
I look at your Chinese name

or when I thought I knew your
Chinese name is Chan Long.

Now I always thought Chan
as your last name,
Long as dragon, yeah?

So then when I was doing a
bit of research before I came

to do the interview, I actually
discovered it's not Chan Long,

it's Chun Long, is
become the dragon.

Can you explain to us
where does that name from?

>> That's interesting.
And also, my Jackie, my
Jackie, Jackie, Jackie Chan,

Jackie's name is from Canberra.
At that time, I was in Canberra.
I didn't have nothing to do,
and really, because I was going

to Canberra to visit my parents.
So every day, just follow my
father, go to this restaurant

and go to that restaurant,
go to that restaurant,

just sit there like this.
I don't have a driver's
licence and nowhere to go.

I just follow my father,
and a lot of people ask me
what's my name, you know,

everybody know my
name in my house.

They call [foreign language
spoken] is a little cannon.

My father was [foreign
language spoken].

My nicknames was
[foreign language spoken],

but because I was born
like 12-1/2 months,
I was 12-1/2 pounds.

So everybody called me a cannon.
So my Mandarin is [foreign
language spoken] is a cannon

[foreign language spoken].
In American Embassy,
and really call me Paul.

Everybody thought
my name was Paul.

So I said, "No."
[inaudible].
I finally, I said, I
have to learn English,

because every day, my father was
in Canberra, American Embassy,

and everywhere we go you
have to be very quiet,

and I had nothing to do.
Just sit there, I cannot
train or do anything.

My father took me
to shopping mall.

You know, drive the
car, use stay here.

Okay, that's the money,
you've go to buy food.

I pick you up later.
Then just by myself in
the shopping mall just --

and see people very little
Chinese at that time.

Not like today.
Then I was hungry.
I just go.
I see the glasses inside.
I just go in, wait in the line.
[ Laughter ]
And the guy, "What?"
"Eh."
[ Laughter ]
Whenever people say, "What?"
I just say, "Eh."
See that I just sit
there waiting, my father.

I was so hungry.
I said, "No, I got
to speak English."

So I tell my father,
I said, I go,

"I have to go to learn English."
Then it, okay, we go to a
government school for free.

Then I sit there.
I was very shaking.
I was by myself.
Then I see a lot of old
people, young people,

all from different countries.
Oh, they had -- nobody's
fingers.

And they -- only
me, only me Chinese.

Then they said, "Okay, the
new student, what your name?"

Then at that time, "My
name is Chan Kong-Sang."

The teacher said what?
I said, "Eh, eh-eh."
[ Laughter ]
"Okay, your name's Steven."
I said, "Okay."
[ Laughter ]
So then in the American
Embassy, American Embassy,

all the armies [inaudible].
And I Steven, "Oh, hi, hello."
Then I realised the whole
morning, nothing to do.

Every day, my father does
put me in the shopping mall.

I said, "No, I want
to do something."

"Okay, my friends have
a construction company.

You have to learn
some construction."

I said, "Oh, okay, okay."
Then I go, the guy was
from Taiwan Embassy.

He was a driver, big, fat guy.
He take me to the
construction site

to see, you need assistance?
That's the assistant."
I just sit there.
Okay, what's his name?
The big, fat guy, called Jack,
he said, "Call him Jack."

I said, "Okay."
You start right away.
Then, the big, fat ol'
things they use [inaudible].

>> Yeah, elastic.
>> Elastic, then I
put those things.

Then I start right away.
So then first English I learnt
is a barrel, a shovel, cement.

This is called cement.
Okay. This is called shovel.
This is called barrel.
This is called water.
Trench, sand.
Okay, then every day, just
do this kind of thing.

So my name is Jack, Steve, Paul.
Then somehow, I go
back to Hong Kong.

You know, when they're
fighting, I like rhythm.

Like Jack Chan, Jack
Chan is no good.

Then slowly, I know
little bit of English.

Then okay, I put a
Y. Then Jackey Chan.

Then later on, because Jackie
Chan not famous at that time.

So when I signed the
contract with Golden Harbours,

the Golden Harbours and
Raymond Chow, "Y no good.

Change it I-E."
I spelled the Chinese
[inaudible].

You know Feng Shui, the name,
you have the -- Chinese name.

What is your Chinese name?
I said, "My Chinese
name Chan Kong-Sang,

but my [inaudible]
name [inaudible]."

Chan -- no-no circle, dragon.
Then they find an old lady
who's a little bit Feng Shiu.

Then you sit in the office.
You read so many names
so many -- all dragon.

Like Cloud Dragon, Small
Dragon, Big Dragon.

[foreign language
spoken], all kinds, then,

"Sit down; Jackie, pick one."
Then I said, "[foreign
language spoken], Bruce Lee."

"No-no-no, Bruce
Lee already died."

Then I said, well, I
don't have the guts

to pick [foreign
language spoken].

>> Oh, Big Dragon.
He's too scared to
choose the Big Dragon.

>> Either, [foreign
language spoken], okay.

I can't pick Bruce Lee.
Then they say, "Okay,
[foreign language spoken]."

You always see the
Chinese picture

with all the clouds, the dragon.
It looks nice.
They said, "This is
no good for you."

I said, "Why?"
"You're never a success."
Because the dragon
always in the clouds.

Sometimes you see the hand.
Sometimes you see the tail.
So you never see the whole body.
That means you -- I
said, "Okay, okay, okay."

then, "Why don't you pick this
[foreign language spoken]?"

"No-no-no, too big.
It's just too big.
[foreign language spoken].
If you're Chinese, you know
that [foreign language
spoken] is wow, just big.

Then I said, "No-no-no."
Then I said, "No, it's just
[foreign language spoken].

Then the boss say,
"Okay, [inaudible],"

and at that time,
the movie come out.

There's some success.
When I go to the
make up [inaudible].

>> Yeah.
>> When there's a door,
there's a corridor

of people, all of the trappings.
Not like today where
the sounds together.

We make the film first,
then we dub later.

Sometimes at night,
I just walk in,

slowly walk to the small
window [inaudible].

How do they learn -- I want to
learn dubbing, again, and again.

Sometimes they just
like, the conversation,

they're just standing
there like --

they just said, "How can the
company spend this time on him?

Let this guy who's making
movies, small eyes, big nose.

[ Laughter ]
Don't know how to act."
You know, I'm just
standing there.

"It's not Chan-Long;
it's Chan-Song."

He was never becoming a dragon.
You are only becoming a worm.
>> A worm.
>> I tell you what,
just standing here.

My tears, just.
[ Laughter ]
Even I look at myself
really happily.

I don't know to acting
at that time.

[ Laughter ]
Wrong script.
Wrong script, wrong character.
Really, at that time, I just
follow what the director wanted.

You know, I was very
young, and in the movie,

every girl fall in love with me.
Then I refuse them.
[ Laughter ]
I want that, but I
just -- it's not me.

So I go away just
crying by myself.

A few years later, I go to
dubbing, you know, repeat again.

They said, "Wow,
look at this guy.

Even the toes know to act.
So good." No, between you're
famous, you're not famous.

That's how becoming a
Chan-Long and Jackie Chan.

[ Applause ]
>> Whatever that person
who chose the name
obviously done you good,

and you have become the
dragon, and you know,

I counted about seven or
eight films you have done.

I think I Googled.
It says you've been involved
or made over 150 films.

>> But I've been
making a film 56 years.

>> Wow.
[ Applause ]
Including child actor, low-class
stunt man, high-class stunt man,

stunt coordinator, producer.
Over 250 movies.
>> Yeah, so it fascinates me
with quite a few of the seven

or eight films all
themed dragon.

So you obviously have an
incredible foundation of dragon.

[inaudible] is The Drunken
Fist fighting style.

>> Yes.
>> Can you elaborate a little
bit on how you developed

and how did you refine doing
it, which is very unique?

>> It's a -- [inaudible]
tradition

of Chinese martial art, somehow
younger being [inaudible] to one

of my bigger brother,
and one of the producer.

They think about this idea.
Then we make the
film, and of course,

and it would create
a lot of movement.

Of course, Drunken
Master 1, very successful.

At that time, I just
ask myself after Africa,

I jog in the morning, and I see
so many young children just
do these kind of things,

and I said, "Wow, I really
-- the movie, what I made,

I really influenced
a lot of children."

So this is why, for the
future, when I'm making a movie,

I'm very careful the way I talk.
The way I'm doing
something, [inaudible],

anything that makes the
audience laughing, I just do it.

[ Laughter ]
Then after, when I
travel around the world,

I see so many children
learn from me.

Then I said, "Ah, as the
producer or director or actor,

we have the responsibility for
the society of the children."

So I look back on
Drunken Master 1.

Why I'm telling the people
thinking and fighting is wrong.

So this why I immediately
make the Drunken Master 2

to correct myself.
Don't drink.
Don't fight.
I don't know ordinarily
you know a lot.

Do you know?
If you don't know,
you look in the movie.

Ah, good, this is a good movie,
but I make myself comfortable.

I correct myself.
Anything I do something
wrong, I correct myself.

So this why you drink too
much, so in the movie there's

so many -- how much you drink?
Of course, when you drink, you
fall down and doesn't know,

but you drink too
much, you gonna faint.

So in the movie because
I'm drinking.

Then I get naked,
[inaudible] here

and after the father said say
something to show their friends,

the boat -- the water can
carry the boat, and also,

the water can flip the boat.
Yeah, that's some Kung
Fu insight, so yeah.

I had to correct
myself all those years.

Even like, there's so many -- so
later on, after Drunken Master,

so many movies, you can see
there's so many messages inside.

If you don't know,
you don't know.

If you know, I'm happy.
If you really don't know,
I makes myself happy.

Like there's small
things like Dragon Blade.

Did you see Dragon Blade?
Yeah, it's about peace,
because a few years ago,

why does so many wars
in The Middle East?

I have to make a
movie called Peace.

So I make Dragon
Blade, because there's

so many treasures
stole away from China.

Do you understand?
I have to make 12 zodiac,
and even the movies,

there's some small things
like I cannot suddenly,
I cannot remember.

First Strike.
When I was wanted
in the newspaper,

and when the lady walk
around see the paper, scared,

turn around, then I look --
suppose I just walk away,

but in the movie, I
see the lady walk away.

Then I see the newspaper.
I pick up the newspaper.
I put it in the rubbish can.
I walked away.
The same thing.
Same thing.
You can, from a movie, I
hope, from these small things,

in Australia, in the
world, everybody walk

around see the rubbish
just pick up,

then the whole world
would be very clean.

That's my little insight.
I want to show something.
[ Applause ]
And also, there's like
the all day, why you have

to just -- there's so many.
There's some money.
I cannot remember suddenly,
there's so many movies.

I cannot remember.
I tried to pick up
some movies, yes.

>> I can say, while we
were in the dressing room,

and one of the person dropped
some crumbs on the floor,

and Jackie was picking up crumbs
and putting them in the trash.

>> I was OCD.
>> I was very impressed.
>> I'm an OCD [inaudible].
ADD. I cannot sit still.
I've got to move.
>> Jackie, I want to --
there are a lot of young
people in the audience.

>> Yes.
>> I'd like to ask you to
share some insight for us all.

We all know success does
not come by accident.

We know the success you
have achieved globally is

through incredible dedication
and hard work, and sometimes,

particularly your early
days, must be very hard

to be a stuntman and doing
things over and over.

It's not what your
dream would be.

Can you share with us
about the importance

of the work ethic
and all of that.

>> Wow. That's a
long, long story.

Go to buy my biography.
[ Laughter ]
I was -- I think
everybody knows,

I was born in a very poor
family, and my father was

in the French Embassy when I was
young, and after, when I was 7,

my father moved to Australia.
American Embassy, I was
in the martial arts
groups training, training.

One day, becoming a child actor.
Then 10 years in the partial
arts school, then come out,

and my father took
me to Hong Kong.

Spent 10 years' salary to
buy a small house for me,

and at that time, I was
pretty angry at my father.

Why I had to go away
just by myself,

stay in the Hong Kong
martial arts school,

and after I realised father
worked 10 years in Australia

to come back just
to buy a tiny house,

and that time was 30
-- 45,000 in Hong Kong.

And that time, it was
still called pound,

5000 pounds around.
Then I realised my
father worked so hard,

and then I becoming a
stuntman, low-class stuntman.

I tried very hard to
becoming a super --

also, you know, in
the movie industry,

there's so many politics.
You are good, people,
you know, [inaudible].

They won't let you go.
I remember one day I
was to follow stunting.

I always behind.
I'm always behind.
You, you, you, go up
and you fall down?

Wow, good, you got extra
pay, but how you go out?

You don't have a chance.
Every day, you just
you stay here

for the protect with
the matches.

Then one day, I sat, and he
had the stunt coordinator,

and he want people
fall down up there.

As soon as he's finished,
I standing up, run,

run up, just standing there.
I just -- just "Why the
X you standing there?

Come down!"
Then all the stunt
guys watch me.

I just come down.
[inaudible] you go up.
You just don't have a chance
to go up to show how good I am.

I know I'm good but
nobody give you a chance.

You just gone.
You're just gone, and we take --
and at that time, I
only earned five --

>> Right now it's probably
less than one dollar.

>> Yeah, less than
one dollar a day.

That's my salary.
Five dollar Hong Kong.
That's my salary,
and you just very --

every day, you're just
very disappointed.

You want to do something.
Nothing you do.
You see the people do something,
you think you're
better than him.

Nothing. I want to
earn more money.

I don't want to always
call my father,

give me -- send me a pound.
And every 6 o'clock in the
morning you see everybody

and their yum cha,
their Chinese yum cha.

You go in.
you sit down, and
you have to pay.

Then I'm just standing here.
No-no-no. I'm ready.
I'm just standing here.
I just pretend that I'm eating.
Then I just -- come
on, hurry up.

It's 6 o'clock.
Before they cash,
then they sit down.

Come on. Let's go.
Then, after they pay, go.
Eh, let's go.
Wow. Nobody eat?
[ Laughter ]
That's how I survival
in the morning.

Yeah, then go to the filming.
Good. Then I have a lunch box.
I only earned five dollars,
and also the bad things,

at that time, nobody have
education, and all the sudden,

mostly times, not
filming behind Fuji.

>> Scenery.
>> Yeah, behind the
scenery just gambling.

You earn five dollars
so difficult.

You pay 10 dollars.
You lose so easy.
Never gambling.
Don't -- never, never gambling.
[ Applause ]
I lost five dollar,
but, you know,

everybody [inaudible]
by yourself.

You come -- you [inaudible].
Come, come, come on.
Okay, one dollar,
lose two dollar,

lose five dollar, okay 10.
Sometimes you just write a
paper, 10 dollars, boom lose.

Oh, you win sometimes 20.
You lose, wow 20.
Four days' work.
Then it's just every day you
do something, five dollar.

You give somebody.
That's how difficult I am.
Then I try very hard.
Then I ask myself, I
cannot do this anymore.

What's my dream?
My dream is becoming
a stone coordinator.

How I can become a
stunt coordinator?

Then I'm not gambling anymore.
I just stay on the side to
watch the people on the set,

how they put the camera out.
How they work, and I realised
on the set, first you learn,

you know, where are you staying?
Sometimes, "What the hell?
You're standing here.
Go! The light and
the camera here!"

Oh, okay. Whenever you know
where to go, and I do one day,

wherever I stay the
camera cannot see me.

Again, I realised, I
learnt the camera angle now.

Then I said how can I be coming
a good stunt coordinator?

What's the lens, not like today.
Everybody carry a camera.
In the old days, nobody --
very few people have a camera.

Then I went to look at the lens.
Then I want to be a camera man.
Okay, first I becoming
a camera assistant.

Then I just -- "Oh, can
I be a camera assistant?"

Very low money.
Okay. Then I just -- I
thought I can watch the camera.

First time I watch the camera.
Pow, ouch.
Cannot see the camera.
I just sit far away with
the camera box like this.

"Jackie, 50."
"Yes." Two hands.
Then I carried -- then I
already take the 70, 80.

Not like today.
You know, today you put a camera
here, you even the [inaudible].

Okay, no, clean.
Everybody can watching
the camera.

Then I start learning
how I see the camera.

How the lens and becoming a
dolly man, and slowly, slowly,

when the chane is
coming, I just, boom.

Just becoming a stunt
coordinator.

The first coordinator
is what with John Wu.

You know John Wu?
Yeah, John Wu, and
he's a new, and yeah.

A lot of fun.
The story too long, and I
remember John Wu was just --

just, "Jackie, how
you create it?"

You know, we learn a lot
of -- why, why [inaudible]?

>> Bad things.
Bad habits.
>> Bad habits learnt from
the old stunt coordinator,

and how to cheat the director,
and [foreign language spoken].

>> Doesn't have the ability --
>> We don't have ability, be we
are becoming stunt coordinator.

Then you're shaking
on the set when I have

to the camera 50 here.
"Put a 50 what?
Huh?" Like English
I want this what?

Nah, nothing.
As a stunt coordinator,
you have a lot of power,

but when I say put a 50,
the cameraman, "What, 50?

You sure?"
Huh? No, wh- what?
Every day I have to buy a
pack of cigarettes and beer.

Hi, good morning.
Stunt coordinator,
big power like this.

Why? Because you don't
have the ability.

Then you have to learn
how you control the set,

when John Wu asked me, "Jackie,
how your fighting scenes?"

First you learn how to
-- who's the bad guy?

Who's the good guy?
This good guy.
Good to go.
Who start fighting?
Who's dying?
Oh, he start fighting.
Okay, okay, stop fighting.
You know, you stop fighting
[imitating fighting sounds].

John Wu, John Wu.
[ Laughter ]
Okay, then I just
[imitating fighting sounds].

Okay, you start the
dialogue first, right?

Yeah, you're going to
start the dialogue first.

Then we go back to stage
[imitating fighting sounds].

Yeah, that's why
becoming it today.

It's a long story.
56 years. Not easy.
[ Applause ]
>> Well, Jackie, obviously we
can't be here all night long

for you to share your
wonderful stories.

I mean, obviously, the passion,
the dedication, the hard work

and the courage, and you know,
never give up have resulted

in your incredible success in
those Hong Kong early days,

made you famous in the
film industry in Hong Kong.

That I think your
ambition took you

to that global Hollywood fame.
Rumble in The Bronx.
You broke your arm --
>> Ankle, in the morning.
>> Ankle. Could you please
share with us and what scene?

>> After I jumped
from the hovercraft,

you can see my leg --
even the hovercraft,

it sounds so big, so loud.
I could hear the bone from here.
Then I look at -- we
are to cut, right?

But you see the outtake.
I grab my leg, and the
cameraman, "Jackie, you okay?"

Then I turn around,
and I got a shock.

I got a shock.
I said, "Okay, the
leg is broke."

[ Laughter ]
And I see my leg,
it was upside down.

Then I put it back.
They sent me to the
hospital, cast in the morning,

then in the afternoon,
I go back.

Then I go back.
Then I see the union in Canada.
It's a uh-oh, well,
what can we do?

I said, "No, keep filming."
"Oh, how can you do that.
You have a cast on."
I said, "No, no don't worry.
I can, sure."
"You don't have union
in Hong Kong?"

I said, "No."
"We have union.
I'm the chairman of the union."
[ Laughter ]
So this is why I think
about the Lamborghini,

because we can't
finish the whole movie,

and even the one
climb up to the boat,

that's the director double me,
because I already
broke my ankle.

Luckily, we finish the waterski
scene, the backward ski.

Wow, that was tough.
Then we used the
wheelchair ladies

with my arm just like this.
Somebody push the wheelchair.
Here.
[ Laughter ]
That's how I finish
the whole movie.

[ Applause ]
I used the socks, of
the plane tennis shoes.

I still can do the
tumbling things

and the small actions, okay?
And the most tough
is the backward ski.

The backward ski,
it's just like this.

No ski. Nothing, just
75 miles per hour.

When you hit the water,
it's just like hitting the
ground, and some stunt guy.

They tried.
Teeth is gone and
it's very difficult.

You have to lay down
and the water like this

when the pooled water
all go into your mouth.

You know, turn around like this.
Then you have to turn
around and then get up.

Get up just like this, and at
that time, I just a clever.

You know, one day -- yeah.
One day I learnt everything,
and after that I just,

when I see something,
I already know,

and easy to make
Rumble in The Bronx.

Difficult to make Rush Hour.
First, for me, it's not action.
Rush-hour, for me, the
English was so difficult.

Still now, sometimes, now I
can speak with male nasal when,

came, she, he, I don't care.
I just -- what a world.
It's okay.
But in the movie, you
have to be perfect.

That makes me difficult,
yeah, and also working

in the US is not -- you can
tell Rush Hour, all these kind

of movies, movement, action.
It's not as good Asian film.
Why? Because there
were some roles.

One day, you had to finish
dialogue scene, two days,

action scene, one day.
Yeah, it's just -- I
cannot touch the camera.

I cannot touch the table.
So many rules.
In Hong Kong, I'm the cameraman.
I'm the lighting man.
If we cannot finish today,
we'll do it tomorrow.

Cannot do it tomorrow
we do another day.

Just like Drunken Master 3,
ah 2; I haven't made 3 yet.

Drunken Master 2, three months
for one action sequence.

No way you can do it in the US.
So that's why I still like to
make my own films my own style,

because it takes be more happy.
Even in, even in Australia,
gives a lot of pressure.

You know, one time when I was --
[ Laughter ]
One hour. Because around the
world everybody go one hour.

You know, that's a
human right, but not --

but man, no, my Jackie
Chan film,

when I'm making my own film,
sometimes I give two hour.

I'm still thinking, but when I
just beginning working nonstop.

Nonstop. Just keep filming.
You know, that sometimes wrong.
Sometimes, yeah, sometimes
bad, but here you 5 o'clock,

they just go [imitating
fighting sounds].

Like today afternoon
[imitating fighting sounds].

Five more minutes.
Huh? [imitating fighting
sounds] One moment left.

Okay, run, go home.
And then having nothing to
do, sit there for two hours.

I said, "Let's do
it right away."

No, the audience
hasn't come here yet.

"Oh, okay."
[ Laughter ]
He's got nothing to do.
Well, can you share with us what
it's like working with people

like Chris Tucker and Owen
Wilson in this -- your films.

Just for me.
[ Laughter ]
>> Be truthful.
> This -- this -- this, either
we were going to the Internet.

[ Laughter ]
For me, the beginning.
As I really, really with
filmmaker all those years,

I know how to go on the set.
How I respect on the set.
Chris Tucker, to
me, no discipline.

[ Laughter ]
But new movie.
One day he come chatty.
"Why you have to 6
o'clock come to the set."

You make me bad.
I said, "No, when I'm not
-- I'm not the director.

I'm the actor.
I have to respect set.
I'll make up, finished, I
sit on the set waiting."

No, he's not arrival yet.
But slowly, Rush
Hour, Rush Hour 2,

now he becoming a
really disciplined.

You know, come to the set, you
know, rehearsal, everything.

You know, in the beginning,
in the movie, he just "Wow."

You know, just, "Hey, Jackie."
Yeah.
[ Applause ]
The first movie I was
afraid to talk to him.

Most of the time when he talked
to me, I don't understand.

"Hi, Jackie!"
It's only Jackie.
Then, "Blah-blah-blah,
good morning."

"Good morning."
Then I just, I hiding.
I don't want to face him,
because he like to talk and talk

so quick, and none of
the word I understand.

Eh, eh, eh, eh.
After I talked back,
he don't understand.

[ Laughter ]
[ Applause ]
And after six months, after
six months, we slowly,

slowly, he know my rule.
He know how I work on the set.
Then he became my good friend.
Now becoming a buddy.
Now we planning to
do Rush Hour 4.

>> Oh, well done.
[ Applause ]
I'm sure your discipline
has rubbed off on him.

What about Owen Wilson?
>> Owen's good.
Owen's good.
[ Laughter ]
Yeah, Owen's very quiet.
Yeah, mostly, he want
to make fun of me.

I don't understand.
[ Laughter ]
Yeah, he just -- on
the set, "Jackie."

He's not like I Chris Tucker.
He speak I mostly
understand, then I understand,

I don't know the meaning.
"Jackie, you know,
the morning..."

Yeah, mostly people,
"Ha-ha-ha-ha."

They sent me.
[ Laughter ]
>> Then I turn around
and asked my [inaudible].

"What's that meaning?"
"Oh, the meaning, da-da-da-da."
Only a half hour meaning,
I still don't understand.

>> Now, Jackie, can you
share the secret with us

that with all your success,
you appear to be
still so very humble.

[ Applause ]
Has your family or your
Chinese heritage played a part

in you having your feet on
the ground and staying humble?

>> I think because I'm not --
I see, especially right now,

I see some big stars from
Hollywood, some big stars

from Hong Kong or from China,
they have a very
good background.

Suddenly, one day, boom,
becoming a big star,

and we sit down and talk with
some director, even myself,

when I on the set, like
project A, after I roll

over my finger, how about that?
Grab the back guy.
I see my finger upside down.
Then after a punch, I just pull
it back, and they just give me,

and I say, "Camera here."
Yeah, for the next shot.
I can't even remember.
[ Foreign Language Spoken ]
First try, boom.
My lips open, and
I see my tooth.

I just put here on the set.
Continue filming.
To this day, I film with
some people, "Oh, [whining]."

A young guy.
Young. I just, oh, 20
people, "Oh, what's that?

Medic! Medic!"
I just sit there like this.
[ Laughter and Applause ]
I think because when we was
young in the school, you know,

no reason, the teacher
would just hit you.

Sometimes you walk away, you
walk past, you get thwap.

Yeah, you just get ready to
get hit every single time.

When we doing a action
film in the old days.

This day, so lucky, even my
JC team, even the stuntmen,

even whatever star's so lucky.
We have elbow pads,
shoulder pads, knee pads

and fake ground and wire.
In the old days, we had nothing.
We were nothing.
We just went to boom.
We just like that,
again and again.

You say, "Ah, I'm hurt."
Tomorrow out.
After you got hurt,
your arm or your angle,

you just -- "You okay?"
"Yes." Yeah, you just go back.
You do something tomorrow.
You've got to work.
Not like today, you
get hurt in this movie.

The company for the insurance
will pay a few months

or a few weeks, then
you can survive.

In the old days, no.
So this is what I've
been trained

for these things,
and also, I've been

[ Foreign Language Spoken ]
.
>> He says endure the
abuse from the big stars.

>> Yeah, big, director
and actor and actress.

So this is why when I becoming
a star, I don't how big I am,

but I take care of the
mostly people, and also,

so many people give me
a chance becoming today.

So why I always, my movie,
I always invite a
lot of new talent.

New talent to help
some of the people.

I hope to -- they have like one
of my Australia students
who's been with the 20 years.

Now today, he's a
[foreign language spoken].

King's men.
Now he's at Kingsman,
second director.

Now he's filming in London,
he called Brad Allen.

You know, I know he's good.
Just give him one hand.
Then he become a
martial art director.

You know, a lot of
people help me, and today,

whenever I have a
chance, I help people.

I helping people.
Just like a lot of people
ask me why you not filming

to do a charity?
Because when I was young, so
many people were helping me,

and I see good things,
bad things, so many.

So I get rid of all
the bad things.

I was very bad when I was young.
So because the charity, because
all the fans, because the movie,

because the movie credit people,
the newspaper, the [inaudible],

the paparazzi, that makes
me becoming a good guy.

Yeah, and actually,
I really thank you,

the fans around the world,
because they sometimes
tell me this movie good

but a little bit dirty.
This movie, a little
bit violent.

No, I have to be very careful.
I've got to listen.
I have to listen because
I like the whole world.

That's my dream.
I say, "I don't want one
kind of people like me.

I want the whole world.
Everybody recognise me.
That's my dream."
[ Applause ]
>> Yeah, I should try
this on my dancers

to get them a bit
more disciplined.

>> These days, difficult
to train.

>> No, I'll probably go to gaol.
>> Yes.
>> I'll probably go to gaol.
>> These days, you cannot hit.
I gonna sue you.
Oh, yeah, okay.
No, I really thank you, my
teacher that torture me.

Really, like [inaudible] me.
We never dropped one
rice on the table,

and we will put the
shoes like this.

Whenever I go back my
home, I see my son shoes.

One like this.
One like this.
One socks, another socks.
No discipline.
Yeah, when first day, first day
that I see him in
US, "Hi there."

Then I just -- standing up.
Because we learnt.
We learnt that early teaching,
[foreign language spoken].

We learnt this kind
of very traditional.

When we see old people,
elderly like this.

>> With respect.
>> With helping people.
When he do this, yeah.
Don't move.
Talk to me.
You don't know how to talk.
Yeah.
[ Laughter and Applause ]
>> Jackie, I think we
have a few minutes left.

Let's just quickly,
obviously, we are --

I mean, it's very inspiring
to see your Three
Dreams documentary.

You know, the beginning, can
you quickly share with us

about the charities, the
UNICEF, and your own charity.

The wonderful things you
are doing in your charity.

>> I really thank you,
and also, I thank you.

Probably some people here they
already donated money for me,

and every day the fans around
the world send me money.

When they send me one
dollar I give two dollars.

We're building a school
and helping children.

When I was young,
I don't like --

I really think the charity is
helping me become a good person.

I then, one day,
I'm becoming a --

when I was 20, I
was a millionaire.

Suddenly, five dollars
one day, one night.

The second day, I
Have over one million.

That I don't know how to
put the money in the bank.

I don't know how to sign.
I always carry the cash
walking around with my JC team.

You know, I always pay
cash, and I buy, I already,

write in my biography already
I buy seven diamond watch

in the same day.
Then the next day, every
night, I buy dinner

with all the old stunt guys.
"Come on, eat."
Wow, you look?
Look. Tomorrow, again,
change another watch.

Come on. I just want to show
off and fighting in the night

because in the old days,
I would dream this,

and my survival today,
because we had to jump

like the second floor.
Nothing. We might die.
We see people die.
We see people paralysed,
and my becoming today,

so we have money
spend, spend, spend.

Not like today, I buy so many
equipment, so many protections

to protect all my JC team,
actor, and everybody.

We just spend a lot of money,
and when you get famous,

people ask you to do a charity.
No. Daytime, we risk my life.
Nighttime we go to drink,
you know, nightclub.

You don't have [inaudible]
at that time.

Just nightclub and drinking with
all the stunt team, and you --

the old days was so, so good.
We can, 6 o'clock, we
drink 6 o'clock, 8 o'clock,

enough, two hours sleep.
Whoa. These days,
you're drunk one night,

three days, you're like this.
Right? So I never drink now
because just a headache.

And I just a wild
boy, wild, wild.

No education.
Always, always, always,
the people behind me,

always all are yes men.
Oh, good, yes.
Good? Yeah.
Good, very good.
You know, just wow.
And one day, they asked
me to do a charity.

No, I don't have time.
I just pretend I'm tired.
They said, "No, please?
We already got the
present, everything.

You just go there to say hello."
I said, "Okay, okay."
I remember, in Hong Kong
[foreign language spoken].

I wear thick glasses,
because I was drunk at night,

and I was asleep in the car.
I get up. I see all the
children with some man going

like this, "Oh, Jackie, Jackie.
Oh, we love you."
I just standing there,
I suddenly, wow,

I just I never see
this kind of children.

I never visit this
kind of hospital,

and they have a needle here.
They have all around.
All the metal like this.
"Jackie [inaudible]."
Like this.
I was just so embarrassed
that somehow,

[foreign language
spoken] present to you.

What kind of present?
I don't know.
I open and everybody thank
you me, and that time,

I was so embarrassed because.
I didn't want to come.
They prepared everything,
but now everything's Jackie.

The next day, the news people.
"Wow, Jackie's so good.
So busy. Even [inaudible]."
I just, okay, then the
children are on to me.

"Will you come next Christmas?"
Then I look at, "Yes,
I'm coming.

I'm coming next Christmas."
Then I go home the whole
year I'm not happy.

I just because --
I think because my

under my heart is a good
guy, because the environment,

the whole [foreign
language spoken].

>> The echo.
>> The echo.
It makes me bad.
So I followed.
The bad things go, but now
the good things coming.

Then how can I face
these children?

So in the whole year,
whenever I get a present.

Okay, this for elderly.
Okay, [inaudible], okay for?
I just keep doing
these kind of things.

I have a present all
over the -- every day.

The centre present to
me every single day.

I have so many presents.
Okay, [foreign language spoken].
Okay, yeah, for elderly people.
There's a door for -- because
every day I keep doing these

kind of things.
Then becoming a charity,
charity, charity, charity.

Then next year, I go back.
Then [foreign language spoken].
I see the children.
Now I know.
I go back to -- the children
see me again, and they're "Ah,

you keep your promise."
I said, "Yes."
Will you come next year?
"Yes." Then, just
like a snowball.

You know, you promise
one hospital.

Then you promise
the next hospital.

Then you promise --
then becoming a --

because I do so many
good things in Hong Kong,

becoming like a 10
Outstanding People in the World.

Then I was under pressure.
Then UNICEF asked me.
They're going to go to Cambodia.
Then I see the landmines.
The children.
Why? They playing
soccer just like this.

They cannot do soccer like this.
Why, because the soccer
goes, nobody go to catch.

When you catch, the
landmines explode and most

of the children is like eyes
gone, their legs gone, arms,

because they put the landmine.
They tried to sell the
landmine, and they open it.

Boom. Their hand -- slowly, so
many of these kind of things.

Then I realised I wanted to
use -- if I have a power,

I want to use my power to
speak out from the movie,

from my person standing here.
Speak out my words.
Speak the things I see.
Speak the things
of what I'm doing.

I hope the whole
world united together.

Why, now? With each other, you
have friends, I don't like you.

Okay, I don't like you.
We are neighbours.
The whole world is
like a village.

We stay together.
It's not like it used to be.
You have a earthquake.
Your thing that not my business.
Now today whenever
I see the big,

the whole world big disaster.
Like Turkey's big earthquake.
China's earthquake, and
in Japan, big tsunami.

You see, the whole
world goes in.

At that time, I said, "Wow,
if every day the world helping
each other, how good it is."

Now know tsunami,
nothing, nothing happened.

Now country against country.
They find a reason.
I don't like you.
I don't like you.
This belong to me.
That belong to me.
No, it belong to us.
Not you. With the whole world.
[ Applause ]
Right? We should -- I
-- I'm from Hong Kong.

When I come to Australia,
I wouldn't never to --

that's not go to Hong Kong.
No, they shouldn't
all belong to me, too.

The whole world belongs
to humans.

Not belongs to single one.
That what I'm doing.
So in my movie, in
my song, in my --

actually, I'm a good singer.
[ Laughter ]
And promote peace.
Promote united.
Promote love each other.
So that's why you see when I
make the uniform, the love,

I see so many flags, and even
my dragon, so many flags,

and that's how I promote.
I hope everybody
get the message.

Spit out the message.
I hope the world -- no more war.
[ Applause and Cheers ]
>> The influential Forbes
Magazine quoted Jackie

as the Philanthropists
Hardest Working Man.

[ Applause ]
Now, there are a lot of
questions has been gathered

from the audience, from
Internet and all of that.

I, obviously, don't have time
to ask you all the questions,

but just very briefly, I'd like
to read one from Annie Sum,

it says, "Which film that
you have starred was the

most memorable?"
>> Another story.
>> Yeah, I know there's
too many, but choose one.

>> Police Story 1.
Police Story, because wanted
to prove that's a
director to make Protector.

Did you see the movie Protector?
And at that time, how can
it be coming a New York cop.

I speak very poor English,
and a Mandarin-born
Chinese, New York cop.

Then that comes into my acting.
That come into my English,
and even we stay, we speaking.

I don't know people,
what they speak?

When is my turn?
So the dialogue coach
have to lay down under

like this, touch my leg.
First touch is smiling.
No, welcome to New York.
Cut! Welcome to New York.
Welcome to New York.
"Very good, Jackie.
You speak very good English."
[ Laughter ]
When I do the action [imitating
fighting sounds], okay, okay.

No. For me, I'm concentrating
on the action.

I'm not concentrating
on English.

So I said -- so this is
why I just, ah, I give up.

Then before I left,
I tell the director,

"I show you what I can do.
How can I becoming a policeman.
Not New York policeman."
So I go back to Hong Kong.
I make Police Story.
I want to show the director.
I said, "That's what I'm doing."
[ Applause ]
>> Jackie, the second
one's from Bobby Lee.

"What was it like meeting
and working with Bruce Lee?"

>> He, at that time, he
was a really, huge star.

I only young stunt guy.
I'm young stunt guy, always
the people just like today.

The one always walk
with me in front.

Some young guy behind.
I'm the young guy always behind.
Not even my turn.
Suddenly, somehow I get the
chance on the stage with him.

I was under -- because just
so many people surrounded him.

There is so many
everywhere we go.

We just, wow.
I just under, I always
look, just like --

I think mostly people, I
believe he understand you.

So many people.
Yes, yes, like --
yes, yes-yes, yes-yes,

and somehow I got the
chance to work with him.

He's so quick and very
good for the stunt guy.

Yeah, he always make fun of
stunt guy and talk to stunt guy.

Never talk to me
because I'm too young.

And I remember that's a
shock, bang-bang-bang-bang.

You said -- what's that called?
You know, two-stick fight.
First I work with him.
It [foreign name spoken],
golden [foreign name spoken].

He kicked the Japanese guy out.
What that movie?
Huh?
>> Fists of Fury.
>> Yeah, Fists of Fury.
Ah, whatever.
[ Laughter ]
I somehow, I could choose to
put stunt -- the Japanese.

The Japanese opponent.
Then I just -- they
said, "Jackie,

can you do it yourself?"
I said, "Yes."
Then I put the rain.
I had to run, run, I go back.
I fall down, cut.
Good shot.
Next shot I was hanging
about like --

because the Japanese architect.
So have about that
high with all the wood.

Then another window.
Up to the window about
Jackie, about that high.

I swing. I swing, drop,
and his kick powerful.

Swing, bam, drop.
At first the wire,
boom, when it let go,

becoming -- said, "No-no-no.
Too slow. You talk to slow."
And you know what they do?
Zoom, let go.
Sha-bang. Six Bruce
Lee on each side.

Oh, oh, every -- boom, okay.
Okay, now we're, one more time.
Okay, one more time.
Then I go.
Then it come, I remember,
Bruce Lee picked me up,

grabbed me, "You okay?"
I said, "Yeah, okay."
Then I look at, "Wow,
he touching me."

[ Laughter and Applause ]
Then, wow, I just --
that's the first time.

The second time is [foreign
language spoken], the two stick.

What movie?
>> Enter the Dragon.
>> Enter the Dragon, yeah.
I'm the last one.
I've been waiting, waiting,
[imitating fighting sounds].

I'm the last one to go up.
Boom. He just give
me like one stick.

Pow, one stick, boom, okay, hit.
Okay, rehearsal.
Pow then boom.
Fall down.
Okay, do it.
I said watch, big, one shot,
[imitating fighting sounds].

Then I come up, bam.
I just a few, pow.
My [inaudible] stop
because of one stick here.

Pow, boom, I fall down.
I fall down, then I pick
and because the camera
behind me, I just like this.

I see a portion.
Because when he fight, I
always wanted see how he moved.

You know, the way he moved
pow, back, back, back,

turn around, ran, ran, ran, cut!
After cut then he-- shit!
He throw the stick,
run to me, run to me.

Actually, I got hit every day.
You know?
[ Laughter ]
As the stunt guy.
You know, I get punched,
I get kicked,

I said okay, but I get up.
I see him run to me.
Then I said, "Ah."
[ Laughter and Applause ]
I just pretend.
Ah, "You okay?"
"I'm okay."
Okay, are you sure?
The whole night, the whole
night I was just like this,

and he we left the hope --
because I always on the
set, every day, na-na-na.

[ Laughter ]
The whole day he just --
[ Laughter ]
Then somehow, I know we over
day, over time, we have to --

he have to pick up few like
[foreign language spoken].

>> Two groups.
>> Daytime finish,
we need nighttime,

so we need some stunt guy,
follow 24-hour so
we get double pay.

She he said, "Oh."
He says, "Oh, tell this guy."
Than me? Oh, okay.
Wow, I know he is special
give me earn some more money.

That I get double pay, and
then when the stunt guy goes

in water, another double pay.
Then I said, "Okay, I will."
Tell this guy to come.
Then me again.
Then on the bridge, on
the bridge, and also,

I think he like my reactions
when he grabbed my hair
everything, I just [grunting].

And the show's real.
You know, even --
I just that good.

[ Laughter and Applause ]
And then becoming, they
asked me what's my name.

He give me a double stitch.
Boom. Then I go in the
water for one shot.

They were, "Oh, it was so good."
Then I get another double pay.
Then when I get dry, they
asked me, what's my name,

my objective, where you learnt.
I learnt this at da-da-dat.
I learnt a lot of things.
Then a few months later,
I was paying bowling.

I was very good.
I was a bowling --
I'm a champion, believe
it or not, and I walk.

I supposed to go
from Peninsula Hotel,

walk to the bus station
to take a bus.

I walk, walk, walk, in front
of me, then I see Bruce Lee

by himself walking, and at that
time, you know, wide, high shoes

and high collars, and
they were, "Hi, Jackie."

I was just, "Hi,
where are you going?"

I said, "I'm going
to play bowling."

"You guys play bowling?
I go with you."
[ Laughter ]
Oh, okay, taxi!
[ Laughter ]
I only that much money.
Then I got a taxi.
Then I go to the bowling alley
[foreign language spoken]

4C something.
When I get there, wow, I'm
so -- everybody, "Bruce Lee."

And yeah.
[ Laughing ]
Then I said, "Sit down.
Don't come here.
Nobody come here."
[ Laughter ]
No. Sorry.
No, sorry, no sorry.
[ Laughter ]
What do you want?
Then I pay about 1-1/2 yen.
Then he just sit here like this.
The people surround.
[ Laughter ]
And I said, "What you want?"
Talk to him.
Looks like a very good friend.
Then he said, "Jackie,
I've got to go.

I say, "Okay."
Then I send him -- the last
place I see him just we called

the techs, turn around,
then he get up.

Then I just standing there.
[ Laughter ]
Nothing. He just
go and walk away.

Then I go up and paid, and
"Oh, you know Bruce Lee?"

"Yeah, my buddy."
[ Laughing ]
Then about months
later, then he's gone.

Yeah. Yeah, that's
how I met Bruce Lee.

[ Applause ]
>> Jackie, you've
been fantastic,

and you have been fantastic,
so it's been a great evening.

Could you possibly -- now
this is not on the script.

>> Yes?
>> Could you possibly
grant me and half

of the audience the last wish,
and could you sing
a few tunes for us.

[ Applause and Cheers ]
>> Huh?
[ Cheering ]
Okay, of course I know,
I have so many songs.

I have, but lately, I have like
a [foreign language spoken].

I also [foreign language
spoken].

And also, but what I really like
is two years ago, I sing a song.

I's called Country.
It's called Everybody.
Everybody, you got to
love your own country.

That's the song I really like
to sing, and after I sing

that song, I believe I know
600 million people I know

down in China.
Only half of them.
[ Laughter ]
Okay, that's our country.
That's our core country.
That is our home.
I cannot sing English.
I sing Mandarin, okay?
[ Applause and Cheers ]
[ Singing in Mandarin ]
Country is my country.
I love my country.
I love my home.
[ Singing in Mandarin ]
Home. It's my home.
[singing] I live my country.
I love my home.
[ Applause and Cheers ]
Thank you.
Ladies and gentlemen.
[ Applause and Cheers ]
Thank you.
Thank you, for all
of your support.

Thank you.
>> Thank you.
>> Thank you.
Thank you.
[ Applause and Cheering ]
[ Foreign Language Spoken ]
Thank you Australia!
Thank you!
[ Applause and Cheers ]
    You must  Log in  to get the function.
Tip: Click on the article or the word in the subtitle to get translation quickly!

Loading…

Jackie Chan in Conversation

252 Folder Collection
feiyang999 published on July 14, 2018
More Recommended Videos
  1. 1. Search word

    Select word on the caption to look it up in the dictionary!

  2. 2. Repeat single sentence

    Repeat the same sentence to enhance listening ability

  3. 3. Shortcut

    Shortcut!

  4. 4. Close caption

    Close the English caption

  5. 5. Embed

    Embed the video to your blog

  6. 6. Unfold

    Hide right panel

  1. Listening Quiz

    Listening Quiz!

  1. Click to open your notebook

  1. UrbanDictionary 俚語字典整合查詢。一般字典查詢不到你滿意的解譯,不妨使用「俚語字典」,或許會讓你有滿意的答案喔