B1 Intermediate 13 Folder Collection
After playing the video, you can click or select the word to look it up in the dictionary.
Report Subtitle Errors
Hello, I'm Tammy from Turbo Tax with some information about fiduciary income tax returns.
Have you been appointed as trustee of a trust or the administrator of an estate?
If so, you may be interested to hear about the tax returns you are responsible for filing.
As a trustee or administrator, you are the fiduciary
of the trust or estate. This means 0that you are the person responsible
for overseeing the estate or trust—which includes filing all necessary tax returns.
The IRS requires the filing of an income tax return for trusts and estates
on Form 1041— formerly known as the fiduciary income tax return.
This is because trusts and estates must pay income tax on
their income just like you report your own income on a personal tax return each year.
Trusts and estates can own the same type of property that you can.
For example, a trust may own a stock portfolio or rental real estate.
And when the stocks pay dividends or tenants pay rent—
the income belongs to the trust. But the IRS
doesn't allow a trust or estate to receive the income tax free.
This is where the 1041 comes in--
you need to report this rental and dividend income on the return.
However, trusts and estates can also take deductions to reduce their taxable income.
For example, if you authorize a payment for repairs to real estate in the trust--
those costs are deductible on the 1041.
One interesting feature of the 1041 is that you can deduct
some or all of the payments you make to beneficiaries.
Suppose the trust document requires that all dividends be paid
to beneficiaries or provides you discretionary authority to do so.
In this case, the beneficiaries will report the dividend income on their personal returns.
You still report the dividend income on the 1041—
but you also report a deduction for the beneficiary
distributions in a later section of the return.
One thing to remember as a fiduciary is that you are responsible
for filing the 1041 on behalf of the trust or estate.
Any taxes due are usually paid out of the trust or estate property.
If you're filing a 1041 on behalf of an estate or trust,
our TurboTax Business product will walk you through it, step by step.
For more information about 0this and other tax topics, visit TurboTax.com.
    You must  Log in  to get the function.
Tip: Click on the article or the word in the subtitle to get translation quickly!


What is a Fiduciary Income Tax Return? TurboTax Tax Tip Video

13 Folder Collection
林宜悉 published on February 26, 2020
More Recommended Videos
  1. 1. Search word

    Select word on the caption to look it up in the dictionary!

  2. 2. Repeat single sentence

    Repeat the same sentence to enhance listening ability

  3. 3. Shortcut


  4. 4. Close caption

    Close the English caption

  5. 5. Embed

    Embed the video to your blog

  6. 6. Unfold

    Hide right panel

  1. Listening Quiz

    Listening Quiz!

  1. Click to open your notebook

  1. UrbanDictionary 俚語字典整合查詢。一般字典查詢不到你滿意的解譯,不妨使用「俚語字典」,或許會讓你有滿意的答案喔