B1 Intermediate 13 Folder Collection
After playing the video, you can click or select the word to look it up in the dictionary.
Loading...
Report Subtitle Errors
>>> WE HAVE AN ALL-STAR PANEL TO
>>> WE HAVE AN ALL-STAR PANEL TO WALK US THROUGH SOME OF THE
WALK US THROUGH SOME OF THE LEGALITIES OF TODAY'S TRIAL
LEGALITIES OF TODAY'S TRIAL PROCEEDINGS.
PROCEEDINGS. NBC LEGAL ANALYST AND FORMER
NBC LEGAL ANALYST AND FORMER FEDERAL PROSECUTOR, CYNTHIA.
FEDERAL PROSECUTOR, CYNTHIA. ATTORNEY AND NBC LEGAL ANALYST,
ATTORNEY AND NBC LEGAL ANALYST, DAN
DAN DANNY CEVALLOS.
DANNY CEVALLOS. I'D LIKE TO PLAY SOMETHING HE
I'D LIKE TO PLAY SOMETHING HE SAID THAT PRETTY MUCH SUMS UP
SAID THAT PRETTY MUCH SUMS UP HIS CASE FOR TRUMP'S REMOVAL
HIS CASE FOR TRUMP'S REMOVAL FROM OFFICE.
FROM OFFICE. >> IMPEACHMENT EXISTS FOR CASES
>> IMPEACHMENT EXISTS FOR CASES IN WHICH THE CONDUCT OF THE
IN WHICH THE CONDUCT OF THE PRESIDENT RISES BEYOND MERE
PRESIDENT RISES BEYOND MERE POLICIES, DISPUTES, TO BE
POLICIES, DISPUTES, TO BE DECIDED OTHERWISE AND WOUTDITHOU
DECIDED OTHERWISE AND WOUTDITHOU URGENCY AT THE BALLOT BOX.
URGENCY AT THE BALLOT BOX. INSTEAD, WE ARE HERE TODAY TO
INSTEAD, WE ARE HERE TODAY TO CONSIDER A MUCH MORE GRAVE
CONSIDER A MUCH MORE GRAVE MATTER.
MATTER. AND THAT IS AN ATTEMPT TO USE
AND THAT IS AN ATTEMPT TO USE THE POWERS OF THE PRESIDENCY TO
THE POWERS OF THE PRESIDENCY TO CHEAT IN AN ELECTION FOR.
CHEAT IN AN ELECTION FOR. FOR PRECISELY THIS REASON, THE
FOR PRECISELY THIS REASON, THE PRESIDENT'S CONDUCT CANNOT BE
PRESIDENT'S CONDUCT CANNOT BE DECIDED AT THE BALLOT BOX.
DECIDED AT THE BALLOT BOX. >> YOUR REACTION TO THAT
>> YOUR REACTION TO THAT STRATEGY?
STRATEGY? >> I MEAN, I THINK IT'S A --
>> I MEAN, I THINK IT'S A -- IT'S BASICALLY TRUE.
IT'S BASICALLY TRUE. I MEAN, THAT'S THE BEAUTY OF THE
I MEAN, THAT'S THE BEAUTY OF THE STRATEGY.
STRATEGY. HE WAS VERY EFFECTIVE TODAY.
HE WAS VERY EFFECTIVE TODAY. MORE EFFECTIVE THAN I THOUGHT
MORE EFFECTIVE THAN I THOUGHT WHEN HE WAS TALKING ABOUT THE
WHEN HE WAS TALKING ABOUT THE FACTS IN THE ARGUMENT THAN WHEN
FACTS IN THE ARGUMENT THAN WHEN HE WAS QUOTING HAMILTON.
HE WAS QUOTING HAMILTON. BUT I THOUGHT HE WAS VERY
BUT I THOUGHT HE WAS VERY EFFECTIVE AT NOT ONLY REPEATING
EFFECTIVE AT NOT ONLY REPEATING AND GOING THROUGH THE FACTS.
AND GOING THROUGH THE FACTS. BUT THEN TAKING A PAUSE AND --
BUT THEN TAKING A PAUSE AND -- AND THEN ASKING THE QUESTION,
AND THEN ASKING THE QUESTION, WHY IS THAT IMPORTANT?
WHY IS THAT IMPORTANT? AND THEN ANSWERING IT.
AND THEN ANSWERING IT. VERY EFFECTIVE TODAY.
VERY EFFECTIVE TODAY. I THINK HIS TONE WAS GOOD.
I THINK HIS TONE WAS GOOD. HE WAS APPEALING TO THE BETTER
HE WAS APPEALING TO THE BETTER ANGELS OF THE SENATE.
ANGELS OF THE SENATE. HE WAS ALSO TAKING THE TIME, IN
HE WAS ALSO TAKING THE TIME, IN MY OPINION, TO APPEAL TO THE
MY OPINION, TO APPEAL TO THE OTHER JURY, IN THIS CASE THE
OTHER JURY, IN THIS CASE THE AMERICAN VOTER.
AMERICAN VOTER. SOME HAVE CRITICIZED IT'S TOO
SOME HAVE CRITICIZED IT'S TOO BORING BUT THE TRUTH IS
BORING BUT THE TRUTH IS DIFFERENT PEOPLE TUNE INTO
DIFFERENT PEOPLE TUNE INTO TELEVISION AT DIFFERENT TIMES.
TELEVISION AT DIFFERENT TIMES. SO WE REALLY NEED TO MAKE SURE
SO WE REALLY NEED TO MAKE SURE THAT NOT ONLY ARE ALL THE
THAT NOT ONLY ARE ALL THE SENATORS AWAKE FOR THIS ARGUMENT
SENATORS AWAKE FOR THIS ARGUMENT BUT EVERYBODY WHO TUNES IN
BUT EVERYBODY WHO TUNES IN DURING THE DAY OVER THE COURSE
DURING THE DAY OVER THE COURSE OF THEIR DAY GETS THE
OF THEIR DAY GETS THE INFORMATION THEY NEED IN ORDER
INFORMATION THEY NEED IN ORDER TO BE REALLY EDUCATED ABOUT
TO BE REALLY EDUCATED ABOUT WHAT'S HAPPENED IN THE WHITE
WHAT'S HAPPENED IN THE WHITE HOUSE.
HOUSE. >> DANNY, THIS MORNING IN DAVOS,
>> DANNY, THIS MORNING IN DAVOS, THE PRESIDENT TALKED ABOUT THE
THE PRESIDENT TALKED ABOUT THE DOCUMENTS DEMOCRATS HAVE BEEN
DOCUMENTS DEMOCRATS HAVE BEEN TRYING TO ACCESS.
TRYING TO ACCESS. HERE'S WHAT HE SAID.
HERE'S WHAT HE SAID. >> WE'RE DOING VERY WELL.
>> WE'RE DOING VERY WELL. I GOT TO WATCH ENOUGH.
I GOT TO WATCH ENOUGH. I THOUGHT OUR TEAM DID A VERY
I THOUGHT OUR TEAM DID A VERY GOOD JOB.
GOOD JOB. BUT HONESTLY, WE HAVE ALL THE
BUT HONESTLY, WE HAVE ALL THE MATERIAL.
MATERIAL. THEY DON'T HAVE THE MATERIAL.
THEY DON'T HAVE THE MATERIAL. >> DANNY, DEMOCRATS JUMPED ON
>> DANNY, DEMOCRATS JUMPED ON THAT ONE RIGHT AWAY SAYING THE
THAT ONE RIGHT AWAY SAYING THE PRESIDENT'S BRAGGING ABOUT
PRESIDENT'S BRAGGING ABOUT OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE THERE.
OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE THERE. YOU'RE A DEFENSE ATTORNEY.
YOU'RE A DEFENSE ATTORNEY. WHAT DO YOU SAY?
WHAT DO YOU SAY? >> ISN'T IT AMAZING THAT
>> ISN'T IT AMAZING THAT PRESIDENT TRUMP HAS SUCCESSFULLY
PRESIDENT TRUMP HAS SUCCESSFULLY GOTTEN US TO A POINT WHERE WE
GOTTEN US TO A POINT WHERE WE AUTOMATICALLY THINK WHEN HE SAYS
AUTOMATICALLY THINK WHEN HE SAYS SOMETHING LIKE THAT, OH, HE'S
SOMETHING LIKE THAT, OH, HE'S NOT SO GREAT WITH WORDS.
NOT SO GREAT WITH WORDS. WHAT HE MEANT INSTEAD OF
WHAT HE MEANT INSTEAD OF MATERIAL IS SUBSTANCE.
MATERIAL IS SUBSTANCE. HE MEANT PROBABLY -- BECAUSE I'M
HE MEANT PROBABLY -- BECAUSE I'M SURE THAT'S PROBABLY WHAT HE IS
SURE THAT'S PROBABLY WHAT HE IS GOING TO SAY.
GOING TO SAY. HE HAS TO SAY.
HE HAS TO SAY. THERE'S NO OTHER DEFENSE TO
THERE'S NO OTHER DEFENSE TO SAYING WE HAVE THE MATERIAL.
SAYING WE HAVE THE MATERIAL. THEY DON'T HAVE THE MATERIAL.
THEY DON'T HAVE THE MATERIAL. BECAUSE IF HE DOES MEAN
BECAUSE IF HE DOES MEAN DOCUMENTS AND RECORDS THAT WE'RE
DOCUMENTS AND RECORDS THAT WE'RE REFUSING TO TURN OVER, THAT JUST
REFUSING TO TURN OVER, THAT JUST BOLSTERS THE ARTICLE II ARGUMENT
BOLSTERS THE ARTICLE II ARGUMENT THAT HE IS OBSTRUCTING CONGRESS.
THAT HE IS OBSTRUCTING CONGRESS. SO THAT IS NOT A GOOD POSITION.
SO THAT IS NOT A GOOD POSITION. BUT AMAZINGLY, HE WILL CAME OR
BUT AMAZINGLY, HE WILL CAME OR HIS DEFENDERS WILL CAME HE MEANT
HIS DEFENDERS WILL CAME HE MEANT WE HAVE THE SUBSTANCE.
WE HAVE THE SUBSTANCE. WE HAVE THE MORE POWERFUL
WE HAVE THE MORE POWERFUL ARGUMENT.
ARGUMENT. YOU KNOW WHAT?
YOU KNOW WHAT? WE'LL ACCEPT IT BECAUSE HE'S
WE'LL ACCEPT IT BECAUSE HE'S CREATED AN ATMOSPHERE WHERE WE
CREATED AN ATMOSPHERE WHERE WE THINK HE DOESN'T REALLY
THINK HE DOESN'T REALLY COMMUNICATE WELL.
COMMUNICATE WELL. HE DOESN'T HAVE A VERY STRONG
HE DOESN'T HAVE A VERY STRONG VOCABULARY.
VOCABULARY. HE MEANT MATERIAL.
HE MEANT MATERIAL. OR DID HE MEAN, YOU KNOW, BETTER
OR DID HE MEAN, YOU KNOW, BETTER ARGUMENT?
ARGUMENT? OR STRONGER ARGUMENT?
OR STRONGER ARGUMENT? OR SUBSTANCE?
OR SUBSTANCE? OR FACTS?
OR FACTS? >> WHITE HOUSE ATTORNEY JAY
>> WHITE HOUSE ATTORNEY JAY SEKULOW TOLD REPORTERS TODAY
SEKULOW TOLD REPORTERS TODAY WHAT HE'S MOST EAGER TO REBUT
WHAT HE'S MOST EAGER TO REBUT WHEN IT IS THE DEFENSE'S TURN.
WHEN IT IS THE DEFENSE'S TURN. HERE'S A LITTLE BIT OF WHAT HE
HERE'S A LITTLE BIT OF WHAT HE SAID.
SAID. >> NOTICE WHAT'S NOT IN THE
>> NOTICE WHAT'S NOT IN THE ARTICLES OF IMPEACHMENT.
ARTICLES OF IMPEACHMENT. ALLEGATIONS OR ACCUSATIONS OF
ALLEGATIONS OR ACCUSATIONS OF QUID PRO QUO.
QUID PRO QUO. THAT'S BECAUSE IT DIDN'T EXIST.
THAT'S BECAUSE IT DIDN'T EXIST. >> DOES QUID PRO QUO, THE TERM
>> DOES QUID PRO QUO, THE TERM QUID PRO QUO, NEED TO BE
QUID PRO QUO, NEED TO BE SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED IN THE
SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED IN THE ARTICLES?
ARTICLES? >> NO, IT DOESN'T AT ALL.
>> NO, IT DOESN'T AT ALL. THAT WAS KIND OF A SILLY
THAT WAS KIND OF A SILLY ARGUMENT, FRANKLY, IN MY
ARGUMENT, FRANKLY, IN MY OPINION.
OPINION. THE ABUSE OF POWER INCLUDES
THE ABUSE OF POWER INCLUDES THE -- THE QUID PRO QUO.
THE -- THE QUID PRO QUO. IT -- IT -- IT INCLUDES A
IT -- IT -- IT INCLUDES A VIOLATION OF THE IMPOUNDMENT
VIOLATION OF THE IMPOUNDMENT ACT.
ACT. IT INCLUDES, ESSENTIALLY,
IT INCLUDES, ESSENTIALLY, EXTORTION AND BRIBERY.
EXTORTION AND BRIBERY. IT IS AN UMBRELLA TERM TO COVER
IT IS AN UMBRELLA TERM TO COVER THE PRESIDENT MISUSING HIS
THE PRESIDENT MISUSING HIS AUTHORITY AS THE PRESIDENT FOR
AUTHORITY AS THE PRESIDENT FOR HIS OWN PERSONAL POLITICAL GAIN.
HIS OWN PERSONAL POLITICAL GAIN. AND QUID PRO QUO IS PART OF THAT
AND QUID PRO QUO IS PART OF THAT ABUSE OF POWER.
ABUSE OF POWER. >> DANNY, WE SAW THE PRESIDENT
>> DANNY, WE SAW THE PRESIDENT TALKING JUST A MOMENT AGO.
TALKING JUST A MOMENT AGO. HE ADDRESSED THE PRESS SEVERAL
HE ADDRESSED THE PRESS SEVERAL TIMES TODAY.
TIMES TODAY. IF YOU WERE HIS LAWYER, WOULD
IF YOU WERE HIS LAWYER, WOULD YOU BE OKAY WITH THAT?
YOU BE OKAY WITH THAT? >> OF COURSE NOT.
>> OF COURSE NOT. I'M A DEFENSE ATTORNEY.
I'M A DEFENSE ATTORNEY. THE FIRST THING I TELL MY
THE FIRST THING I TELL MY CLIENTS IS DO NOT MAKE PUBLIC
CLIENTS IS DO NOT MAKE PUBLIC STATEMENTS.
STATEMENTS. BUT THE OTHER THING AS A DEFENSE
BUT THE OTHER THING AS A DEFENSE ATTORNEY IS SOMETIMES YOU HAVE A
ATTORNEY IS SOMETIMES YOU HAVE A CLIENT WHO IS GOING TO DO
CLIENT WHO IS GOING TO DO EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT TO DO.
EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT TO DO. AFTER ALL --
AFTER ALL -- >> WAIT A SECOND.
>> WAIT A SECOND. YOU THINK THIS IS ONE OF THOSE
YOU THINK THIS IS ONE OF THOSE EXAMPLES?
EXAMPLES? >> IMPACTLYESPECIALLY IN CRIMINA
>> IMPACTLYESPECIALLY IN CRIMINA DEFENSE, SOMETIMES THE CLIENT
DEFENSE, SOMETIMES THE CLIENT THAT DOES WHATEVER THEY WANT TO
THAT DOES WHATEVER THEY WANT TO DO, THAT'S WHY THEY'RE YOUR
DO, THAT'S WHY THEY'RE YOUR CLIENT TO BEGIN WITH.
CLIENT TO BEGIN WITH. BECAUSE THEY DO EVERYTHING THEIR
BECAUSE THEY DO EVERYTHING THEIR WAY.
WAY. THEIR WAY OR THE HIGHWAY.
THEIR WAY OR THE HIGHWAY. AND THAT'S HOW THEY HAVE ARRIVED
AND THAT'S HOW THEY HAVE ARRIVED AT THIS POINT.
AT THIS POINT. SIMILARLY, WITH TRUMP, HE'S DONE
SIMILARLY, WITH TRUMP, HE'S DONE EVERYTHING.
EVERYTHING. EVEN -- I'M CALLED TO MIND OF
EVEN -- I'M CALLED TO MIND OF HIS DANCE WHEN HE WAS BEING
HIS DANCE WHEN HE WAS BEING INAUGURATED AND HE MOUTHS THE
INAUGURATED AND HE MOUTHS THE WORDS TO FRANK SINATRA'S "MY
WORDS TO FRANK SINATRA'S "MY WAY."
WAY." WHEN HIS ATTORNEYS MEET WITH
WHEN HIS ATTORNEYS MEET WITH THEM, HE'S TELLING THEM HOW IT'S
THEM, HE'S TELLING THEM HOW IT'S GOING TO BE AND THAT'S WHY HE
GOING TO BE AND THAT'S WHY HE GOES THROUGH A LOT OF ATTORNEYS
GOES THROUGH A LOT OF ATTORNEYS BECAUSE SOONER OR LATER, THE
BECAUSE SOONER OR LATER, THE ATTORNEY HAS TO DO WHAT'S BEST
ATTORNEY HAS TO DO WHAT'S BEST FOR THE CLIENT.
FOR THE CLIENT. NOT EXACTLY WHAT THE CLIENT
NOT EXACTLY WHAT THE CLIENT WANTS.
WANTS. I AM CERTAIN EVERY SINGLE LAWYER
I AM CERTAIN EVERY SINGLE LAWYER HE'S HAD HAS TRIED TO SAY TO HIM
HE'S HAD HAS TRIED TO SAY TO HIM DIAL DOWN THE SOCIAL MEDIA.
DIAL DOWN THE SOCIAL MEDIA. AND I'M SURE EVERY SINGLE LAWYER
AND I'M SURE EVERY SINGLE LAWYER HAS GONE BACK TO THE OTHER
HAS GONE BACK TO THE OTHER LAWYERS AND SAID HE'S NOT DOING
LAWYERS AND SAID HE'S NOT DOING IT.
IT. WE HAVE A DECISION TO MAKE.
WE HAVE A DECISION TO MAKE. CAN WE CONTINUE TO REPRESENT
CAN WE CONTINUE TO REPRESENT HIM?
HIM? OR DO WE HAVE TO WITHDRAWAL?
OR DO WE HAVE TO WITHDRAWAL? AND IN MOST CASES, YOU KNOW,
AND IN MOST CASES, YOU KNOW, THEY STAY ON BOARD.
    You must  Log in  to get the function.
Tip: Click on the article or the word in the subtitle to get translation quickly!

Loading…

Legalities Of President Donald Trump Impeachment Trial | NBC News NOW

13 Folder Collection
林宜悉 published on February 22, 2020
More Recommended Videos
  1. 1. Search word

    Select word on the caption to look it up in the dictionary!

  2. 2. Repeat single sentence

    Repeat the same sentence to enhance listening ability

  3. 3. Shortcut

    Shortcut!

  4. 4. Close caption

    Close the English caption

  5. 5. Embed

    Embed the video to your blog

  6. 6. Unfold

    Hide right panel

  1. Listening Quiz

    Listening Quiz!

  1. Click to open your notebook

  1. UrbanDictionary 俚語字典整合查詢。一般字典查詢不到你滿意的解譯,不妨使用「俚語字典」,或許會讓你有滿意的答案喔