B1 Intermediate US 5 Folder Collection
After playing the video, you can click or select the word to look it up in the dictionary.
Loading...
Report Subtitle Errors
>> WHAT WE HAVE TO DO IS WE
HAVE TO STOP BEING OBSESSED OVER
IMPEACHMENT, WHICH UNFORTUNATELY
STRIKES MANY AMERICANS LIKE A
BALL GAME WHERE YOU KNOW WHAT
THE SCORE IS GOING TO BE AND
START ACTUALLY DIGGING IN AND
SOLVING THE PROBLEMS THAT GOT
DONALD TRUMP ELECTED IN THE
FIRST PLACE.
WE HAVE TO TAKE EVERY
OPPORTUNITY TO PRESENT A NEW
POSITIVE VISION FOR THE COUNTRY,
A NEW WAY FORWARD TO HELP BEAT
HIM IN 2020 BECAUSE MAKE NO
MISTAKE, HE'LL BE THERE AT THE
BALLOT BOX FOR US TO DEFEAT.
NEIL: THIS IS THE ONLY TIME
DONALD TRUMP SAID I AGREE WITH
SOMETHING A DEMOCRATIC
PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE SAID AND
THAT CAUSED SHOCK WAVES IN THE
LAST PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE, ONE
THAT A LOT OF PEOPLE SAID ANDREW
YANG WON HANDILY, AT LEAST
CHALLENGING PARTY CONSENSUS ON A
WHOLE HOST OF THINGS INCLUDING
IMPEACHMENT.
HE JOINS ME RIGHT NOW.
ANDREW, GOOD TO HAVE YOU.
>> IT'S GREAT TO BE HERE, THANK
YOU FOR HAVING ME, NEIL.
NEIL: THE REACTION YOU'RE
GETTING IS SOMETHING THAT'S
PICKED UP CONSIDERABLY SINCE YOU
AND I SAT DOWN FIRST AFTER YOU
JOINED THE JOIST.
RACE.
>> I'M PLEASED, I'M THRILLED.
I FELT THERE'S AN APPETITE FOR A
DIFFERENT APOACH TO POLITICS.
I'M NOT A POLITICIAN, I'M A
PARENT AND AND--
>> WE SHOULD EXPLAIN, YOU'RE AN
ENTREPRENEUR SO YOU'RE NOT KEEN
ON SOME OF THE IDEAS THAT YOUR
OPPONENTS HAVE LIKE A WEALTH
TAX.
WHERE DO YOU STAND?
>> YEAH, I THINK A LOT OF THE
IDEAS COMING OUT OF THE PARTY
COULD USE SOME REEXAMINATION.
NEIL: LIKE WHAT?
>> WELL, THE WEALTH TAX EXAMPLE
YOU RAISED, THE FACT IS,
GERMANY, FRANCE, DENMARK,
SWEDEN, ALL TRIED A WEALTH TAX
AND REPEALED IT BECAUSE IT
DIDN'T WORK.
IF YOU'RE THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
WE SHOULD BE PUTTING FORWARD
IDEAS THAT WE HAVE CONFIDENCE IN
THAT WILL WORK BECAUSE THEY'VE
WORKED IN OTHER PLACES, NOT
IDEAS THAT WE'VE SEEN PROBLEMS
WITH IN OTHER COUNTRIES.
NEIL: THE RAP AGAINST YOUR
PARTY, AND IT MAY BE LED BY THE
MOST VOCAL CRITICS, THAT IT
HATES RICH PEOPLE.
BERNIE MARCUS, THE CO-FOUNDER OF
HOME DEPOT WAS ON WITH ME
YESTERDAY AND RAILING AGAINST
THAT SENTIMENT FROM ELIZABETH
WARREN.
I WANT YOU TO REACT TO THAT.
>> SURE.
>> LOOK AT HER, HOW MUCH MONEY
IS SHE WORTH TODAY AND WHAT THE
HELL DID SHE DO TO GET THAT
MONEY?
DID SHE WORK THE WAY I WORKED?
I DOUBT IT VERY MUCH.
NEIL: WHAT DID YOU THINK OF
THAT?
>> I THINK THAT IF THE
DEMOCRATIC PARTY DOES ANTAGONIZE
ANYONE WHO HAS MADE A CERTAIN
AMOUNT OF MONEY IN OUR SOCIETY,
TO ME, YOU SHOULD BE PRAISING
PEOPLE WHO SUCCEED BECAUSE MANY
OF THEM WORKED VERY, VERY HARD
TO GET WHERE THEY ARE.
AND THE QUESTION IS, HOW DO WE
BALANCE THE ECONOMY SO IT WORKS
FOR MORE PEOPLE, FOR MORE OF US.
THE TOUGH PART, AMERICANS CAN
SENSE THAT THE AMERICAN DREAM IS
SLIPPING AWAY FOR MORE AND MORE
OF US.
IF YOU WERE BORN IN THIS COUNTRY
IN THE 1940'S, 93% CHANCE YOU'D
DO BETTER FOR YOUR PARENTS.
IN THE '90S, A 50-50 SHOT AND
IT'S DECLINING FAST.
THAT'S WHAT WE HAVE TO FIX.
FIXING THAT DOES NOT NECESSARILY
MEAN TRYING TO DEMONIZE ANYONE
WHO HAS BEEN SUCCESSFUL.
NEIL: ALL RIGHT, BUT WHEN YOU
LOOK AT DONALD TRUMP AND YOU
LOOK THE AT FACT THAT HE TALKS
ABOUT THE STOCK MARKET, TALKS
ABOUT JOB GAINS AND THEN I HEAR
CANDIDATES TALKING ABOUT THE
FACT THAT, YOU KNOW, THIS IS AN
AWFUL ECONOMY, FOR A LOT OF
PEOPLE THERE'S A DISCONNECT
THERE.
I KNOW YOU DRAW A DISTINCTION
BETWEEN COMPANIES MIGHT BE
MAKING MONEY HAND OVER FIST, BUT
THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE FEWER
BANKRUPTCIES OR FEWER
AMERICANS--
IT'S A TOUGH SELL.
>> WHEN YOU REFLECT BACK TO THE
DONALD TRUMP, FAKE NEWS AND THAT
AMERICANS WERE LEAVING THE WORK
FORCE.
NEIL: IS THAT TO SAY THE GAINS
WE'RE HAVING AREN'T REAL?
>> THERE ARE GAINS IN THE
TOPLINE MEASUREMENTS, BUT THEY
DON'T CORRESPOND TO THE
DAY-TO-DAY EXPERIENCE OF MANY
MILLIONS AMERICANS AROUND THE
COUNTRY AND I SEE THIS FIRSTHAND
WHEN I CAMPAIGN.
WHEN YOU SAY THE STOCK MARKET IS
DOING WELL, THIS MIGHT BE
DIFFERENT FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE
WATCHING YOUR PROGRAM, FRANKLY.
BECAUSE THE TOP 20% OF AMERICAN
HOUSE OLDS HOLD 92% OF STOCK
MARKET WEALTH AND BOTTOM 50%
HOLD ESSENTIALLY ZERO.
IF I SAY HEY, GREAT NEWS, THE
STOCK MARKET IS UP.
FOR HALF OF AMERICANS IT'S
IRRELEVANT.
NEIL: FOR HALF OF AMERICANS IT
IS NOT.
>> YES.
NEIL: AND AT FOX BUSINESS IF YOU
DON'T GET, YOU SHOULD DEMAND.
IF YOU SAY THAT, YOU'RE RIGHT.
YOU'RE FOCUSING ON THE HALF WHO
ARE NOT, BUT OBVIOUSLY.
HALF ARE.
THEY'RE LIKING WHAT THEY'RE
SAYING.
>> IF YOU HAVE A LOT OF STOCKS,
YOU'RE HAPPY WHEN PRICES GO UP.
THE BOTTOM--
AND WE'VE GOT TO BALANCE THE
ECONOMY FOR MORE AMERICAN AND
THAT DOESN'T GET IN THE TOPLINE
MEASUREMENTS.
NEIL: YOU'RE THE SON OF
IMMIGRANTS FROM TAIWAN.
>> YES.
NEIL: AND I REPORT A LOT ON
CHINA, WHAT IT'S DOING.
IF YOU WERE TO BECOME PRESIDENT
OF THE UNITED STATES, HOW WOULD
YOU DEAL WITH THE CHINESE?
OF COURSE, NO FANS OF THIS
COUNTRY EVER MAKING OVER TO
TAIWAN.
THAT WOULD BE TRICKY, WOULDN'T
IT?
>> OUR JOB HAS TO BE TO
OUTCOMPETE THE CHINESE,
PARTICULARLY IN ARTIFICIAL
INTELLIGENCE THAT COULD WELL
DEFINE THE NEXT CENTURY.
ONE STORY I LIKE TO SHARE, MORE
PEOPLE IN CHINA WATCHED
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE BEAT THE
GAME THAN THE SUPER BOWL.
FOR THEM ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
IS THE SUPER BOWL.
THE GOVERNMENT IS ACTING
ACCORDINGLY, PUTTING TENS OF
BILLIONS TO WORK.
OUR JOBS HAS TO BE OKAY, WE SEE
THE GAME, WE CAN'T LET CHINESE
LEAPFROG US IN AI, WE HAVE TO
REMAIN THE LEADER.
IF WE DO THAT THEY'LL BE MUCH
BETTER ABLE TO PUSH OUR VALUES
AND POSITIONS TO THE CHINESE
MORE SUCCESSFULLY.
>> WOULD YOU BE ANY MORE PRO
LEVELLING THE PLAYING FIELD AND
RECOGNIZING TAIWAN ON EQUAL
FOOTING WITH CHINA?
>> I HAVE FAMILY IN TAIWAN AND I
THINK THAT THE STATUS QUO IS
SOMETHING THAT WE SHOULD
PRESERVE, WHICH IS THAT IT'S
WORKING WELL ON BOTH SIDES OF
THE STRAIT AND THERE'S NO REASON
FOR THAT TO CHANGE IN MY VIEW.
>> YOUR PRESIDENTIAL RUN, YOU
TALK ABOUT THINGS THAT OTHER
CANDIDATES DON'T TALK ABOUT, THE
IMPEACHMENT FOCUS, FOR EXAMPLE.
IS IT THAT--
YOU'RE NOT SAYING IT WAS A
MISTAKE, BUT THAT THE OBSESSION
OVER IT IS AND MAYBE THE PARTY
HEARD YOU OR NANCY PELOSI AND
OTHERS, BY DEMONSTRATING THEY
COULD WALK AND CHEW GUM AT THE
SAME TIME.
THEY MUST BE WORRIED THAT WHAT
YOU'RE SAYING IS RIGHT.
>> I'M NOT SURE THAT IT'S ALL
ME.
I'VE SAID ON THE DEBATE STAGE
THAT IT STRIKES MANY AMERICANS
LIKE A BALL GAME YOU KNOW THE
OUTCOME.
NEIL: AND DOES IT AFFECT A
DELAY--
.
I THINK THAT MANY AMERICANS HAVE
OPINIONS WHAT THE PRESIDENT DID
AND WHETHER IT RISES TO THE
LEVEL OF IMPEACHMENT.
NEIL: AND YOU THINK HE SHOULD BE
IMPEACHED.
YEAH, I THINK THAT DELAYING AID
TO A FOREIGN LEADER IS BEYOND
THE PALE AND IMPEACHMENT IS THE
REMEDY.
AT THE SAME TIME WE HAVE TO FACE
FACTS THAT IMPEACHMENT IS
UNLIKELY TO SUCCEED WITHOUT 20
REPUBLICAN SENATORS HAVING A
CHANGE OF HEART OR A CHANGE OF
MIND.
AND SO, THE MOST LIKELY OUTCOME
IS DONALD TRUMP SAYING TOTAL
VINDICATION, TOTAL EXONERATION
IN TWO-MONTHS OR SO AND THOSE
ARE TWO MONTHS THAT WE COULD
HAVE BEEN USING TO MAKE A
POSITIVE CASE TO THE AMERICAN
PEOPLE ABOUT SOLVING THE
PROBLEMS IN OUR COMMUNITIES THAT
IN MY VIEW HELPED GET DONALD
TRUMP ELECTED IN THE FIRST
PLACE.
NEIL: THE LAST TIME YOU WERE
HERE YOUR CAMPAIGN JUST STARTED.
YOU TALKED ABOUT THIS IDEA OF
GIVING EVERYBODY IN THE UNITED
STATES $1,000, NO MATTER WHO YOU
ARE, A BILLIONAIRE OR BLOOMBERG.
AND NO WAY WE COULD PAY ABOUT
THAT.
THE VALUE ADDED TAX AT 10% SO
YOU RAISE TAXES TO PAY FOR THAT.
YOU SAY?
>> WELL, YOU'VE GOT TO LOOK UP
AND SAY--
THIS IS LIKE A WILLY SUTTON JOKE
I LIKE TO SHARE, WHY DO YOU ROB
BANKS?
BECAUSE THAT'S WHERE THE MONEY
IS.
WHERE IS THE MONEY GOING IN OUR
ECONOMY, AMAZON A TRILLION
DOLLAR TECH COMPANY PAYING ZERO
IN TAXES AND CLOSING 30% OF THE
AMERICA'S STORES AND MALLS WHILE
DOING IT AND NO ONE LIKES THE
FACT THAT AMAZON IS PAYING ZERO
IN TAXES AND I TALK TO
REPUBLICANS AND THEY'RE NOT
LIKE, YEAH, AMAZON WITH ZERO
TAXES, THE WAY IT OUGHT TO BE.
SO IF YOU PUT A TOLL WHERE WE
GET OUR FAIR SHARE, A TINY, TINY
FAIR SHARE OF EVERY AMAZON
SHARE, EVERY GOOGLE SEARCH, AND
FACEBOOK AD.
AND TRUCK MODEL AND AI UNIT.
WE COULD GENERATE.
NEIL: TALKING ABOUT DISPOSABLE
INCOME THAT WOULD GOOSE THE
ECONOMY.
>> MANY AMERICANS ARE LIVING PAY
CHECK TO PAYCHECK.
YOU PUT IT IN THEIR HANDS AND
IT'S GOING TO GET INTO THE
ECONOMY, CAR REPAIRS AND OTHERS
THAT MAKE THE ECONOMY STRONGER.
NEIL: YOU BECOME PRESIDENT
SNAUGS DAY, ARE YOU GOING TO
WEAR A TIE?
>> THAT'S A GREAT QUESTION,
NEIL.
I WILL DO WHATEVER THE AMERICAN
PEOPLE MAY WANT ME TO DO.
MAYBE I SHOULD PUT UP A POLL,
SHOULD ANDREW WEAR A TIE TO HIS
INAUGURATION.
    You must  Log in  to get the function.
Tip: Click on the article or the word in the subtitle to get translation quickly!

Loading…

Andrew Yang on Dems' obsession with impeachment, his approach to politics

5 Folder Collection
王惟惟 published on January 13, 2020
More Recommended Videos
  1. 1. Search word

    Select word on the caption to look it up in the dictionary!

  2. 2. Repeat single sentence

    Repeat the same sentence to enhance listening ability

  3. 3. Shortcut

    Shortcut!

  4. 4. Close caption

    Close the English caption

  5. 5. Embed

    Embed the video to your blog

  6. 6. Unfold

    Hide right panel

  1. Listening Quiz

    Listening Quiz!

  1. Click to open your notebook

  1. UrbanDictionary 俚語字典整合查詢。一般字典查詢不到你滿意的解譯,不妨使用「俚語字典」,或許會讓你有滿意的答案喔