B1 Intermediate 9 Folder Collection
After playing the video, you can click or select the word to look it up in the dictionary.
Loading...
Report Subtitle Errors
>> Martha: ADAM SCHIFF TOLD
THE INTEL COMMITTEE WHEN THEY
WERE IN THE SECURE ROOM KNOWN AS
THE SKIFF THAT HE HAD OBTAINED
PHONE RECORDS FROM AT&T OF
CERTAIN AMERICAN CITIZENS,
INCLUDING RUDY GIULIANI AND ALSO
REPRESENTATIVE OF DEVIN NUNES
WAS IN THAT GROUP OF NUMBERS.
THEY WERE NOT ALLOWED TO DISCUSS
IT BECAUSE IT WAS REVEALED TO
THEM WHEN THEY WERE INSIDE THE
ROOM THAT ONLY ALLOWS CLASSIFIED
INFORMATION TO BE DISCUSSED SO
NOW THE STORY IS OUT AND MANY,
INCLUDING SENATOR RAND PAUL, HAS
EXPECT OUTRAGE INC. USING INTEL
CHAIRMAN SCHIFF OF SPYING ON
DEVIN NUNES AND SAID I WOULD BE
AN ABUSE OF POWER.
THERE WAS SOME GLEE OVER THE
SITUATION IN SOME CORNERS OF
CABLE NEWS GRADE WATCH THIS
REACTION.
>> NUNEZ HAS PROBABLY HAD AND
DESERVES ABOUT THE 24 HOURS OF
HIS LIFE.
HE HAS BEEN CABRIA LEE CAUGHT UP
ON THE PHONE DIRECTORY HERE BUT
WHAT WAS HE DOING TALKING ALL OF
THESE PEOPLE?
I MEAN IT'S LIKE PICKING UP THE
ROCK AS I SAID IT AND SEEING THE
BUG LIFE UNDER THE ROCK.
ALL OF THESE PEOPLE WORKING
TOGETHER, I MEAN, NEWNESS, AND
GIULIANI IT, AND JOHN SOLOMON OF
THE HILL, ALL WORKING TOGETHER
IN ONE BIG NETWORK, ONE BIG
SYNDICATE YOU MIGHT SAY.
>> Martha: NOW, DEVIN NUNES,
RANKING MEMBER OF THE HOUSE
UNTIL COMMITTEE.
YOU'VE BEEN ACCUSED OF A LOT OF
THINGS LATELY, REPRESENTATIVE
NUNES.
THESE PHONE CALLS, TRIPS TO
VIENNA THAT YOU SAY YOU CAN
SUBSTANTIATE THAT YOU WERE NOT
THERE --
WHAT IS YOUR REACTION?
WHAT IS HER RESPONSE TO GREG
MATTHEWS AND WHAT HE SAID ABOUT
YOU?
>> I'M A LITTLE DISAPPOINTED
BECAUSE JUST A FEW MONTHS AGO, I
SAW CHRIS MATTHEWS IN THE LONG
WHITE BUILDING, IT WAS LATE AT
NIGHT, I THINK IT WAS THERE FOR
SOME KIND OF MEETING OR
RECEPTION, AND HE COULDN'T GET
OUT.
HE WAS BLOCKED OUT AND I HELPED
WALK THEM OUT AND GOT HIM TO THE
DOOR AND I'M A LITTLE
DISAPPOINTED THAT HE THINKS THE
LOWLY INEBRIATED LOOK, FOR THREE
YEARS, I'VE BEEN SLOWLY
UNRAVELING WHAT THE DEMOCRATS IN
THE LEFT AND MOST OF THE PEOPLE
IN THE MEDIA HAVE STARTED WITH
THE RUSSIA HOAX AND THEY MOVED
TO THE UKRAINE HOAX AND THAT WE
HAVE BEEN VERY EFFECTIVE ADS
TOUTING THEM ON THINGS LIKE THEY
ARE THE ONES THAT PAID FOR THE
DOSSIER THAT ENDED UP IN THE
HANDS OF THE FBI.
WE WILL FIND MORE ABOUT THAT
NEXT WEEK.
>> Martha: WE ARE GOING TO
TALK ABOUT MORE OF THAT COMING
UP BUT I JUST WANT TO STICK WITH
THIS ISSUE RIGHT NOW.
WITH REGARD TO THESE PHONE
CALLS, I REMEMBER BACK AFTER
9/11, THE COLLECTION OF METADATA
WHAT IS A VERY VOLATILE SUBJECT
AND IN FACT, ADAM SCHIFF WAS
AMONG THOSE WHO WAS VERY
DISTURBED THAT TERRORIST WHO MAY
HAVE CONVERSATIONS THAT COME
INTO THIS COUNTRY THAT OVERLAP
WITH THE CALLS OF AMERICAN
CITIZENS AND THAT THOSE NUMBERS
WOULD BE PICKED UP WITH A HUGE
BREACH OF PRIVACY.
SO NOW I'M WONDERING IF THAT'S
TRUE, IF THOSE PRIVACY CONCERNS
ARE SO PREVALENT BETWEEN
TERRORIST AND POTENTIALLY SOME
AMERICAN CITIZENS, WHY DID HE
THINK THAT IT WAS OKAY IN THIS
REGARD TO DIG INTO YOUR PHONE
CALLS AND RUDY GIULIANI'S PHONE
CALLS AN AMERICAN CITIZEN PHONE
CALLS?
>> IT'S A VERY GOOD QUESTION.
WE HAVE WORKED HARD TO TRY TO
PROTECT PEOPLE'S CIVIL LIBERTIES
AND AT ONE TIME, THE DEMOCRATS
ACTUALLY MOSTLY OPPOSED THE USE
ALONG WITH LIBERTARIANS IN THE
REPUBLICAN PARTY.
THEY WERE NOT MIKE OPPOSE THESE
PROGRAMS SO THE FACT THAT HE WOU
PROGRAMS SO THE FACT THAT HE WOD
PROGRAMS SO THE FACT THAT HE WOA
PROGRAMS SO THE FACT THAT HE WOT
PROGRAMS SO THE FACT THAT HE WOA
PROGRAMS SO THE FACT THAT HE WOL
PROGRAMS SO THE FACT THAT HE WOY
GET THESE PHONE CALLS AND
THEN --
LOOK, I DON'T KNOW HOW HE EVEN
HAS MY NUMBER AND WE ALSO HAVE
TO REMEMBER WE DON'T EVEN KNOW
MOST OF THESE NUMBERS BECAUSE
WHAT HE IS DESCRIBING THESE
NUMBERS TO OR NOT THE CASE SO I
STILL HAVE TO EVEN GO BACK
THROUGH MY PHONE RECORDS TO SEE
IF HE'S EVEN TELLING THE TRUTH
BUT THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS
THIS.
RUDY GIULIANI KNOWS A LOT OF
MEMBERS OF CONGRESS AND I CAN
GUARANTEE YOU THERE ARE MANY
MEMBERS OF CONGRESS, LIKE
MYSELF, THAT SPOKE TO RUDY
GIULIANI MORE THAN JUST A FEW
TIMES.
SO HE IS FRIENDS WITH HIM AND I
KNOW --
>> Martha: LET ME ASK YOU
THIS.
I WANT TO HEAR WHAT DID YOU
DISCUSS WITH LOVE HARNESS?
>> I DON'T EVEN KNOW BECAUSE I
NEVER MET HIM AND SO IT'S A
GREAT QUESTION BECAUSE MANY
PEOPLE WANT TO KNOW, INCLUDING
MYSELF.
SO --
>> Martha: YOU NEVER HAD ANY
PHONE CONVERSATION WITH HIM?
>> WE HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO
CONFIRM THAT YET.
>> Martha: YOU DON'T THINK YOU
WOULD REMEMBER?
>> YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER.
YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER WE ARE THE
HOUSE INTELLIGENCE COMMITTEE
OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE SO WE GET
CALLS FROM PEOPLE EVERY DAY, ALL
WALKS OF LIFE, I GET THEM FROM
ALL OVER THE WORLD, ALLIES AND
PEOPLE THAT AREN'T OUR ALLIES.
IN THIS CASE, I JUST DON'T KNOW.
>> Martha: ARE THESE FROM
CELL PHONES OR YOUR OFFICE
PHONE?
>> WE DON'T EVEN KNOW THAT.
>> Martha: SEE YOU DIDN'T HAVE
AN OPPORTUNITY TO LOOK AT THE
PHONE NUMBERS THAT ARE ON THERE
AT ALL?
>> WE ARE SITTING WITH THOUSANDS
OF PAGES OF METADATA OF NUMBERS
SO SOMEHOW THEY WENT THROUGH
THERE AND FOUND MY CELL NUMBER A
FEW TIMES AND WAS EVEN WORSE IS,
IF THEY USE THAT, THEY
SELECTIVELY USED MY NUMBERS
IN ORDER TO BUILD ON THEIR
CONSPIRACY THEORY THAT SOMEHOW
MYSELF AND MY TWO STAFFERS,
FORMER STAFFER, ONE CURRENT
STAFFER, THAT THEY DON'T LIKE,
BECAUSE WE EMBARRASSED THEM WITH
THE RUSSIA HOAX, AND THAT'S WHAT
THIS IS ALL ABOUT, IT'S ABOUT
RETRIBUTION FOR WHAT WE HAVE
DONE TO THEM THE LAST THREE
YEARS BECAUSE THEY DON'T LIKE
THAT WE OUTED THEM WITH THEIR
RUSSIA HOAX ANOTHER UKRAINE
HOAX.
THAT'S WHAT THIS IS ABOUT.
SO WE CAN'T TRUST --
I'M NOT GOING TO TRUST ANYTHING
THAT ADAM SCHIFF HAS TO SAY
UNTIL WE ACTUALLY GO THROUGH
THOUSANDS OF PAGES OF METADATA.
>> Martha: ON THAT NOTE, AN
INTERESTING STORY THEY CAME OUT
TONIGHT FROM THE WASHINGTON
JOURNAL BECAUSE ONE OF THE BIG
HEADLINES WAS THAT THERE WAS
THIS PHONE CALL TO OWEN B WHICH
OBVIOUSLY IS VERY RELEVANT HERE
BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE THE OFFICE
THAT COULD PERHAPS HAVE BEEN
INVOLVED IN THE WITHHOLDING OF
AIDS THAT I GOT A LOT OF
ATTENTION BUT TONIGHT, THE
WASHINGTON JOURNAL IS REPORTING
THAT IT IS ACTUALLY NOT POSSIBLE
TO IDENTIFY WHETHER OR NOT THAT
CALL WENT TO OWEN D BECAUSE IT
WAS A GROUP CALL NUMBER THAT
COULD HAVE GONE TO A NUMBER OF
PLACES IN THE WHITE HOUSE HEAR
WHAT DO YOU SAY TO THAT?
>> THAT'S REALLY MY POINT.
YOU CAN'T TRUST ANYTHING THIS
GUY SAYS.
THE REASON HE USED MY NUMBERS
AND MY STAFF'S NUMBERS IS TO SAY
THAT WE HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH
JOVANOVICH BEING FIRED.
I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHO THEY WERE
UNTIL THE LAST COUPLE OF MONTHS.
>> Martha: I SEE WHAT YOU'RE
SAYING.
WHEN YOU SAY THAT ADAM SCHIFF
AND SENATOR RAND PAUL WHAT THEY
SAID IS GUILTY OR PERHAPS SHOULD
BE CONSIDERED FOR ABUSE OF POWER
IN THIS CASE?
>> VERY GOOD QUESTION.
FIRST OF ALL, TO RELATE TO CNN,
I WAS IN INDIANA.
I WAS IN BENGHAZI.
I WAS IN MALTA PICKING UP THE
REMAINS OF THE WORLD WAR II
TRUTH AND HAVING A CEREMONY SO
THAT HE COULD GO GET BACK TO HIS
FAMILY AND BE BURIED HERE IN THE
UNITED STATES.
THAT'S HOW SICK THESE PEOPLE AR
ARE.
WE ARE GOING TO LOOK AT ALL
LEGAL OPTIONS OVER THE NEXT
COMING WEEKS AND MONTHS BECAUSE
CLEARLY MY CIVIL RIGHTS AND
CIVIL LIBERTIES WERE VIOLATED.
CLEARLY JOHN SOLOMON'S WERE,
REPORTER, AND ANOTHER GOOD
POINT --
I BET THERE'S A LOT OF REPORTERS
AT FOX THAT RUDY GIULIANI SPOKE
TO THAT ADAM SCHIFF'S, AT ANY
GIVEN TIME, HE COULD RELEASE
THAT HAD AN OPPORTUNITY URGENT
TIME FOR SOMEBODY TO WRITE THE
STORY THAT SOME OF YOU HAVE FOX
OR ANY OTHER NETWORK COMES OUT
WITH BECAUSE HE'S SITTING ON ALL
THOSE NUMBERS.
>> Martha: A LOT OF PEOPLE
TALKED TO A LOT OF PEOPLE TO
BOOK THEM AND TO HAVE STORIES
AND ALL OF THAT SO I'M SURE YOU
ARE RIGHT ABOUT THAT.
I THINK IT'S GOING TO BE THE
SPECIFIC CONNECTIONS BUT IF YOU
CAN GET THE TRANSCRIPT OF THE
CALL, IT REALLY MAKES IT
    You must  Log in  to get the function.
Tip: Click on the article or the word in the subtitle to get translation quickly!

Loading…

Nunes reacts to Schiff releasing his personal phone calls

9 Folder Collection
林宜悉 published on January 5, 2020
More Recommended Videos
  1. 1. Search word

    Select word on the caption to look it up in the dictionary!

  2. 2. Repeat single sentence

    Repeat the same sentence to enhance listening ability

  3. 3. Shortcut

    Shortcut!

  4. 4. Close caption

    Close the English caption

  5. 5. Embed

    Embed the video to your blog

  6. 6. Unfold

    Hide right panel

  1. Listening Quiz

    Listening Quiz!

  1. Click to open your notebook

  1. UrbanDictionary 俚語字典整合查詢。一般字典查詢不到你滿意的解譯,不妨使用「俚語字典」,或許會讓你有滿意的答案喔