B1 Intermediate 18 Folder Collection
After playing the video, you can click or select the word to look it up in the dictionary.
Loading...
Report Subtitle Errors
>> Sandra: GILLIAN, THANKS.
>> Bill: ROBERT WRAY, FORMER
FEDERAL PROSECUTOR.
YOU HEARD THE PRESIDENT, YOU
WATCHED THE HEARINGS ALL WEEK
LONG.
WHERE ARE WE IN AMERICA RIGHT
NOW AFTER FIVE DAYS OF
HEARINGS, ROBERT?
>> THE MOST RECENT NEWS IS THAT
THE COUNTER ATTACK BY THE WHITE
HOUSE THROUGH THE PRESIDENT OF
THE UNITED STATES HIMSELF HAS
JUST BEGUN.
THAT HAPPENED THIS MORNING.
ON YOUR NETWORK.
SO THAT'S A SIGNIFICANT
DEVELOPMENT, I THINK.
WHERE WE ARE IS THAT IT LOOKS
LIKE THE PUBLIC HEARINGS HAVE
CONCLUDED REGARDING THE SELECT
COMMITTEE ON INTELLIGENCE AND I
IMAGINE THAT THE DEMOCRATS NOW
ARE BUSY THROUGH THE HOUSE
JUDICIARY COMMITTEE WITH
CONSIDERATION OF THE ARTICLES
OF IMPEACHMENT THEY INTEND TO
PURSUE ULTIMATELY WITH A
RECOMMENDATION TO THE FULL
HOUSE TO VOTE ON IT.
WHETHER THEY HAVE A MAJORITY OR
NOT REMAINS TO BE SEEN.
>> Bill: DID YOU HEAR SLAM DUNK
EVIDENCE TO CONVINCE THEM ONE
WAY OR ANOTHER OR WHETHER YOU
TAKE A STEP BACK AND GO FOR A
CENSURE VOTE?
>> MY IMPRESSION OF WHAT HAS
HAPPENED NOW THAT THIS IS IN
THE SENSE OVER, IN OTHER WORDS,
THEY HAVE THE EVIDENCE THEY ARE
GOING TO HAVE.
NO MORE EVIDENCE LIKELY.
THEY'LL GO WITH THIS.
>> Bill: NO MORE WITNESSES?
>> I THINK NANCY PELOSI SAYS
THEY'LL ATTEMPT TO HAVE
WITNESSES IF IT MAKES IT TO THE
SENATE FOR TRIAL BUT I DON'T
THINK YOU'LL SEE ANY FURTHER
WITNESSES BEFORE THE HOUSE.
I COULD BE WRONG.
IT LOOKS LIKE THEY'RE FULLY
INTENT ON PROCEEDING WITH THIS
WHEREVER IT LEADS AND BEGINNING
WHEN THEY RETURN FROM THEIR
THANKSGIVING RECESS IN THE
FIRST COUPLE WEEKS OF DECEMBER.
>> Bill: THE OPENING COMMENT
YOU MADE IS INTERESTING.
THE FIRST SIGN OF THE WHITE
HOUSE GOING ON OFFENSE
ESSENTIALLY LED BY THE
PRESIDENT.
TAKE YOU BACK.
LET'S START WITH BRIAN'S
QUESTION ABOUT THE AID TIED TO
CORRUPTION AND HOW THAT CAME UP
IN THE HEARING.
HERE IS THE QUESTION AND ANSWER
A MOMENT AGO.
>> YOU DO SAY I WANTED TO HOLD
UP THAT AID BECAUSE OF
CORRUPTION.
>> President Trump: TWO REASONS.
FOR CORRUPTION BECAUSE IT'S
KNOWN.
I WANT TO MAKE SURE THE MONEY
IS GOING TO BE SPENT PROPERLY.
THERE IS ANOTHER REASON THAT IS
MAYBE TO ME THE MOST IMPORTANT.
WHY ISN'T GERMANY, FRANCE, THE
EUROPEAN UNION, WHY AREN'T ALL
THOSE COUNTRIES IN EUROPE, WHY
AREN'T THEY PAYING?
WHY IS IT ALWAYS THE UNITED
STATES, THE SUCKER.
I GOT ELECTED ON THAT.
>> THE PRESIDENT HAS THE RIGHT
TO TEMPORARILY WITHHOLD SAID TO
SEE WHAT THE UKRAINIANS WOULD
DO.
ADAM SCHIFF'S ARGUMENT IS
BECAUSE HE RELEASED THE AID IS
BECAUSE HE GOT CAUGHT.
THAT WAS A LITTLE NOTICED PART
OF MICK MULVANEY'S PRESS
CONFERENCE, OMB DIDN'T HAVE THE
AUTHORITY TO RETAIN THE AID
INDEFINITELY BUT ONLY DO SO
UNTIL THE END OF THE FISCAL
YEAR, SEPTEMBER 30th OF THIS
YEAR.
>> Bill: YOUR POINT IS WELL
TAKEN GOING ON OFFENSE RIGHT
NOW AFTER YOU'RE PULLING ON
DEFENSE.
MICHAEL HOROWITZ, THE I.G.
REPORT.
WHAT IS YOUR EXPECTATION THERE
APPEARS TO BE AN INCLINATION
TOWARD CRIMINAL PROCEEDINGS
WITH JOHN DURHAM?
>> I THINK WE KNOW SOME
IMPORTANT THINGS THAT WE'LL
FIND OUT THE REST OF THE STORY
NOW ON DECEMBER 9th.
THE FIRST IS THAT IT WAS
SOMEONE IN THE PROCESS OF
APPLYING TO THE FISA COURT IN
ORDER TO GET A WARRANT TO
SURVEIL CARTER PAGE.
THAT'S SIGNIFICANT.
THE INDIVIDUAL WAS AT THE F.B.I.
IT WAS A LAWYER.
THERE WAS A DOCUMENT THAT WAS
ALTERED.
AND IT WAS RELIED UPON IN THE
FISA APPLICATION PROCESS.
THAT'S NOT AN INSIGNIFICANT
ERROR IN JUDGMENT.
THAT'S POTENTIALLY A CRIMINAL
    You must  Log in  to get the function.
Tip: Click on the article or the word in the subtitle to get translation quickly!

Loading…

Robert Ray: White House counterattack on impeachment has begun

18 Folder Collection
林宜悉 published on November 25, 2019
More Recommended Videos
  1. 1. Search word

    Select word on the caption to look it up in the dictionary!

  2. 2. Repeat single sentence

    Repeat the same sentence to enhance listening ability

  3. 3. Shortcut

    Shortcut!

  4. 4. Close caption

    Close the English caption

  5. 5. Embed

    Embed the video to your blog

  6. 6. Unfold

    Hide right panel

  1. Listening Quiz

    Listening Quiz!

  1. Click to open your notebook

  1. UrbanDictionary 俚語字典整合查詢。一般字典查詢不到你滿意的解譯,不妨使用「俚語字典」,或許會讓你有滿意的答案喔