Basic 98 Folder Collection
After playing the video, you can click or select the word to look it up in the dictionary.
Loading...
Report Subtitle Errors
INFORMATION.
WE'LL BRING IT TO YOU WHEN WE
GET IT.
STEVE: THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
MEANWHILE ELLEN DEGENERES TAKING
A STAND AGAINST SOME ON TWITTER
OVER OUTRAGE OF A PHOTO OF HER
SITTING NEXT TWO AND SMILING
WITH PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH AT
A COWBOYS NAME.
>> SO PEOPLE WERE UPSET.
THEY THOUGHT WHY IS A GAY
HOLLYWOOD LIBERAL SITTING NEXT
TO CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN
PRESIDENT.
I'M FRIENDS WITH GEORGE BUSH.
IN FACT I'M FRIENDS WITH A LOT
OF PEOPLE THAT DON'T SHARE THE
SAME BELIEF I HAVE.
WE'RE ALL DIFFERENT.
I THINK WE'VE FORGOTTEN THAT IS
OKAY THAT WE'RE ALL DIFFERENT.
WHEN I SAY BE KIND TO ONE
ANOTHER.
I DON'T MEAN TO PEOPLE THAT
THINK THE SAME WAY YOU DO.
I SAY BE KIND TO EVERYONE.
DOESN'T MATTER.
[CHEERING]
PETE, LAWRENCE JONES IS HERE.
TWO PEOPLE SIT TOGETHER TO WATCH
A FOOTBALL GAME.
>> I LOVE ELLEN.
I THINK SHE IS KIND PERSON.
I DISAGREE WITH HER POLITICS,
BUT SHE ONCE CONTRIBUTED TO THE
MOB.
THEY WENT AFTER PASTOR KIM MORE
RELFOR SOME OF HER PAST VIEWS.
AS I SAY WITH THE MOB, IT IS
LIKE A WILDFIRE, IF YOU POUR
GASOLINE IT WILL EVENTUALLY GET
YOU AS WELL.
YOU'RE RIGHT, CIVILITY.
YOU HAVE GEORGE W. BUSH, ELLEN
GETTING ALONG WITH EACH OTHER
DESPITE POLITICS BUT THIS IS A
MOB.
DON'T POUR GASOLINE ON IT IT,
WILL ATTACK YOU.
THAT IS MY POSITION ON THIS.
THIS IS CIVILITY TODAY.
PEOPLE DON'T CARE, THE MAJORITY
OF MY FRIENDS ARE LIBERALS,
RIGHT?
WE DON'T TALK POLITICS.
WE JUST DON'T.
WE TALK ABOUT FOOD, SPORTS AND
GOD, THAT'S IT.
STEVE: LAWRENCE, THAT IS THE WAY
YOU SHOULD DO IT.
WHAT SHE DID NOT -- HE WAS A
OPPOSED TO GAY MARRIAGE.
SHE WAS FOR IT.
FAMOUSLY.
AND THERE THEY ARE AT THE SAME
EVENT HAVING A GOOD TIME.
THEY'RE NOT TALKING POLITICS
PROBABLY.
>> HERE IS THE PROBLEM.
SHE HAS ATTACKED PEOPLE FOR
THEIR POSITION IN THE PAST.
IT SEEMS LIKE WHEN PEOPLE BECOME
HER FRIENDS, SHE DEFENDS THOSE
PEOPLE.
KEVIN HART WAS ATTACKED FOR SOME
OF HIS PAST VIEWS AS WELL.
BECAUSE KEVIN HART WAS HER
FRIEND, GEORGE W. BUSH IS HER
FRIEND, SHE DEFENDS THEM.
WHAT ABOUT THE AVERAGE DAY
PEOPLE HAVE HAD PAST PRIOR
POSITIONS, WHAT IF THEY WANT TO
KEEP THE POSITION YOU JUST
DISAGREE WITH THEM?
AINSLEY: REMEMBER THERE WAS A
TIME YOU WOULDN'T BE SHOCKED BY
A PICTURE LIKE THAT.
EVERYONE IS SO SHOCKED BECAUSE
EVERYONE IS SO DIVIDED.
I LIVE IN NEW YORK CITY.
MY FRIEND ARE LIBERAL.
I GO DOWN SOUTH MY FRIEND THERE
ARE CONSERVATIVE MA THE MAJORITY
OF THEM.
>> THAT'S RIGHT.
>> WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS
PICTURE.
>> THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH
THIS PICK YOU ARE AND I THINK IT
SHOWS YOU WHERE SOCIETY IS WE'RE
PRAISING SOMETHING LIKE THIS.
NEWS FLASH, KEEP CAN BE FRIENDS
WITH DIFFERENT POLITICAL
IDEOLOGIES.
BUT WE'RE SO DIVIDED AS A NATION
RIGHT NOW, SOMETHING LIKE THAT
MAKES NEWS.
AINSLEY: EXACTLY.
STEVE: THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE
WHO ARE VERY ANGRY AT HER
BECAUSE THEY REGARD
GEORGE W. BUSH AS A WAR
CRIMES --
>> THEY'RE ANGRY WITH HER
BECAUSE OF THAT.
THEY'RE ANGRY WITH HER BECAUSE
SHE ONCE HELD A POSITION THAT
WENT AFTER PEOPLE LIKE THIS.
SO NOW, IT HAS TURNED ON HER.
I DON'T WANT TO MAKE THIS A
NEGATIVE THING ABOUT ELLEN.
I THINK IT WAS REALLY GOOD SHE
DECIDED TO PUT POLITICS ASIDE
BUT IT I THINK IT IS IMPORTANT
AS A SOCIETY WE HAVE STANDARDS,
NOT JUST WHEN PEOPLE ARE OUR
FRIENDS.
PETE: YOU'RE SAYING SHE
SELECTIVELY PUT THIS ASIDE?
>> SHE HAS SELECTIVE OUTRAGE
WHEN PEOPLE SHE KNOWS COMES TO
THEIR DEFENSE.
IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE SHE WOULD
HAVE CRITICIZED THEM.
THAT IS SOMETHING WE SHOULD SHUN
IN AMERICA.
AINSLEY: SHE SEEMS TO HAVE A
GOOD HEART.
SHE SEEMS TO BE A NICE PERSON.
>> I LIKE ELLEN.
I LOVE SHE IS BIG ABOUT CHARITY.
SHE GIVES A LOT TO THE
COMMUNITY.
I THINK THAT IS ALL GREAT BUT I
THINK IT IS IMPORTANT WE HAVE
ONE STANDARD.
THAT IS NO, NO MATTER WHAT YOUR
POSITION IN THIS COUNTRY IS YOU
    You must  Log in  to get the function.
Tip: Click on the article or the word in the subtitle to get translation quickly!

Loading…

DeGeneres hits critics for slamming her for sitting with George W. Bush

98 Folder Collection
林宜悉 published on November 8, 2019
More Recommended Videos
  1. 1. Search word

    Select word on the caption to look it up in the dictionary!

  2. 2. Repeat single sentence

    Repeat the same sentence to enhance listening ability

  3. 3. Shortcut

    Shortcut!

  4. 4. Close caption

    Close the English caption

  5. 5. Embed

    Embed the video to your blog

  6. 6. Unfold

    Hide right panel

  1. Listening Quiz

    Listening Quiz!

  1. Click to open your notebook

  1. UrbanDictionary 俚語字典整合查詢。一般字典查詢不到你滿意的解譯,不妨使用「俚語字典」,或許會讓你有滿意的答案喔